binder

lacatana
on 11/22/09 10:03 am - orono, MN
What happens to the tubes coming out of your drains when you put your binder on? Can the binder go over the tubes? My surgeon place the drains on the sides . Thanks for your input
Renee2007
on 11/22/09 11:41 am, edited 11/22/09 11:42 am - Central, FL
Yes, the tubes kind of lay flat against you and either come out the top or the bottom of your binder, depending on the placement of the drain. You can then pin it to your binder. I placed some gauze and tape right where the drain exited my hip to help hold it in place. It is normally stitched but mine still moved a bit. It was uncomfortable if it jiggled or was pulled on, the gauze and tape helps to prevent that.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

lacatana
on 11/22/09 8:23 pm - orono, MN
Hi, thanks for your help on this.
Laugh Out Loud
on 11/22/09 11:45 am
I have 4 drains, 2 on each side.  I loop the tube under the binder and the bulb at the end of the tube hangs out of the top of my binder.  Some people tape or pin the drains to the underside of their shirt or put them in a lanyard around their neck.  If I'm staying home, I wear a fanny pack and tuck the 4 bulbs inside the fanny pack and wear a big shirt over - looks like I'm pregnant, but they are out of my way and not pulling.  If I go out I wear sweat pants with pockets and tuck two in each side pocket and wear a long sweatshirt over and they don't stick out.  You'll get creative too!
Cindy
lacatana
on 11/22/09 8:22 pm - orono, MN
Hi Renee, thanks for your help on this. Have a good week
Most Active