Binder Question

Renee2007
on 11/21/09 10:36 pm - Central, FL
I realized after talking with Cindy in more detail that she wasn't wearing the type of binder I thought she was. She's wearing a step in type garment that goes down her legs as well. Like this one.

Lower Body Compression Garment - Stage 1- Below The Knee (Rainey)

I was thinking of the elastic and velcro secured abdominal binder. That's what I had and it was so itchy. Having the lower body lift, I'd assume you'll be in a girdle type similar to this one. These aren't adjustable, they have hook and eye and zipper closures on the sides.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Laugh Out Loud
on 11/21/09 11:38 pm

The one my surgeon gave me is Style 5 of the contourmd.com:

http://www.contourmd.com/contour_garments_s/86.htm

Here's the good news - this morning I woke up and the garment felt comfortable again - not as tight as the day before.  Guess I was having a super swollen day yesterday.  The reply that talked about it feeling like a sausage casing was dead on.  But, like I said, today it is all good again.

Glad you are going ahead with your LBL.  Hoping for a smooth recovery for you too.

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 3:56 am - San Jose, CA
I hope I am doing the right thng.  I don't think that it is an issue of I am NOT sufficiently healed from the first surgeries, but more than I am just scared of the pain per se.
Jupiter6
on 11/22/09 5:39 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
You should be--- the **** hurts!!!!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jupiter6
on 11/22/09 5:38 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My doc said the binder was my choice, and I rarely wore it. I'm still swollen 5 months later...related? Dunno. Was too restrictive and painful.

I never wore my arm compression garment, and don't regret that, althoug I did use tape to support the incision for 3 months.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 5:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Everyone heals differently but I can share with you that I have faithfully worn a compression garment every day since surgery and some days I even put the binder on too and I have basically no swelling in my stomach.  I had some swelling in my legs at first and that is why I jumped into the compression garment.  It helped right away.  Elevating the legs also helps.

FYI - I wear a mans tee shirt (tank top type ----aka wife beater tshirt) under the garment and it makes it much more comfortable....well maybe that's too strong.....it stops the skin irritation.

Best wishes!
Ruth
Most Active