Hey Fab...where are ya??

Soaplady
on 11/22/09 3:10 am - Guilford, NY
Ok...so ya got a hot bod, now..OK so you love your husband and pooch and cat more than you love us. I get that...but at least say "I'm home and doing fine".

We are concerned! How about a quick shout-out to let us know you are ok. Pretty please?

Love ya,

Teri
TammyLynne
on 11/22/09 5:58 am - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
Oh Teri Darling i see you made it home safely.....  WE MISS YOU!!!!     But were doing good!!
Soaplady
on 11/22/09 7:34 am - Guilford, NY
Thanks, Tam! I miss you guys too...but where is Kat? Havent seen her here either. Gosh, I hope Fab is ok.

She hasnt made a peep since she left.

Hugs to you AND Kat.

Teri
TammyLynne
on 11/22/09 8:46 am - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
Kat is doing good... We had two starbucks runs today and a HEB run.       Hoping to go and do some shopping with her before she leaves yet.  Dr is coming tomorrow night to take out 3 of my drains so i think i will wait to shop till those are out.    
    Havent heard a peep out of FAB either........  
Soaplady
on 11/22/09 8:54 am - Guilford, NY
Tammy you will feel a gazillion times better once you lose those darn tethers! It was a "night and day" difference, I am so glad you will lose them

Hope next time you go to S'bucks, there are nice cushy seats available. Dont they have jobs, for crying out loud?? That place is packed all the time!

Love ya, Kid!
Teri
LinR
on 11/22/09 8:54 am
Did you feel well enough to shop?  What in the heck did you wear to go shopping?  Did you wear workout pants with a big over top and tuck your drains in your pants?  or did your non-stretch pants fit after surgery?  How warm is it down there?  Would a zip hoodie be too warm?  My sister is coming with me.  Will she be bored?  I'm going to tell her to bring her suit and spend the day at the pool while I'm in clinic.  Maybe Dr. S will let me go back to the hotel early knowing I have my sister to help.

Lin

Soaplady
on 11/22/09 9:12 am - Guilford, NY
I shopped at HEB on my second FULL day post-op; Had surgery on Monday (all the same TL had...lbl with anchor, brachio, bl/ba and full thigh lift with lipo) showered alone on Tuesday, to hotel on Wed. and shopped at HEB Wed eve. Only taking ibuprophen since Thursday.  NO PAIN, just some discomfort with the seams, compression garments and drains etc. You will be surprised! And I am nearly 58...not exactly a spring chicken~

The whole time I was there...the pool was only used once. My room was on the pool side, so I saw what went on there.It was warmer than my neck of NY but not hot. Which to not to say you wont get hot days while there, but it was not as hot as I thought it would be. It cannot hurt to pack the bathing suit. Do bring a warm hoodie. 

I tucked the tubes into my waistline and covered with a loose shirt. You wont ever see these people again, so dont plotz about these things. Just try to cover them as best you can so you dont gross people out with the bloody drainage.

The hotel staff were great! Everything about the Monterrey experience was great...esp. the doctor. You will not believe what a doll he is.

You might want to bring a portable DVD player and DVD's to while away some time in the beginning. After several days, you will feel more up to shopping and the shuttle can take you to the big mall. Until then, maybe you can have your sister get lost in a good book or 2 while you are int he first stages of healing.

LinR
on 11/22/09 6:20 pm
Thanks

The info makes it more real. 

Lin

Most Active