Brachioplasty and tops

Soaplady
on 11/22/09 7:44 am - Guilford, NY

All of the tops I brought were over-the-head. I started wearing them on my second full day post-op. But then, I showered solo the day after my surgeries. We all heal at different rates so bring both button up and pullovers. See what happens for you.

I also found that you dont need to bring that much clothing...I brought like 6 pairs of lounging pants...I wore 2. I brought 6 tops, used 3. hampton Inn has a laundry room. Save the weight and worry of alot of clothing. I also brought 2 pairs of jammies..and didnt wear them. I slept in the faja.

Bring a robe. I didnt and wish I had, but man...those long checklists everyone posts were overkill in my book.

It wont be long for you  now!! Good luck.\\
Teri

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/22/09 9:51 am
Teri!
Thanks!
Do I need to take laundry detergent with me?
Also, am I able to use deordorant after my brachioplasty?
Did the hotel have an Ethernet cord for computer use in the hotel room?

Good idea about the robe.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Soaplady
on 11/22/09 10:25 am - Guilford, NY
You can buy some detergent and fabric softener at the front desk, along with the token you need to use the machines, but I brought some of those Purex All-in-one's. They are a sheet impregnated with both and you just toss it into the machine to wash, and then in the dryer. It washes/softens/antistatics the load. Pretty cool..Infact the local CVS has it on sale BO/GO free!

You wont really need deodorant...just shave your pits the morning of surgery or the night before. No hair makes odor less of a probablility. I havent worn any and he said not for a few more weeks. Honestly dont sweat it...pun intended. LOL

The hotel does have the ethernet cable and be sure to ask about your security code so you can gt online. They usually write it on the back of the envelope your room pass comes in. Enter it when they prompt you and hit AGREE. You will have to do that daily.

My first day there, I got online without it...wireless. I must have piggybacked off of someone elses signal or whatever, After that, I needed the cable.

It wont be log now...Good luck Honey!

Teri
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/23/09 4:24 am
Thanks Teri!  Good information!  I so appreciate all of you - experts!!! 
I should take the stuff that you did for laundry.  GREAT idea! 

One more question, did you take one dollar bills for tips while in MX?  I thought I had read that some place. 

I won't worry about the deordorant, I hope I don't have to!  Yikes!  That's just scary!

slowgoing
on 11/23/09 9:55 am - CA
I'm tentatively scheduled for brachio. on the same day, 12/2, here in Calif.  We'll try and compare notes.
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/23/09 11:19 am
GREAT!!!
WE are Brachioplasty Twins!
WE will have to keep in touch!
I'll send you a friend's request!

Most Active