Brachioplasty and tops

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/22/09 1:36 am
that would be nice because i found the cutest sleeveless tops from Old Navy. they had a big sale and i paid 99 cents for each.  Thanks!!!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

workingmommy
on 11/22/09 12:24 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
It was a long time before I coul dress myself normally.  At first definitly button only.  What saved me was that my surgery was in summer and I could pull dresses on from the bottom up.  You might want to consider getting some button up tops.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/22/09 1:37 am, edited 11/22/09 1:38 am
Hi April!  thanks!!!
OH!  yeah!  I could always pull a larger, looser sized shirt up from the bottom.  See?  Taking ideas from everyone would work well! 

dec721
on 11/22/09 5:52 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Ditto the stretchy baggy t-shirts.  I hustled out the day before surgery and bought a couple of cheapo button-up-the-front shirts, but dang -- I couldn't reach behind me to put the silly things on at first.  Actually, I wore the hospital gown the first couple of days and didn't worry about it (they let me wear it home), since I could stick my arms in it without reaching back.  After that, big baggy stretchy t-shirts -- popped my head in, then stretched the shirt until I could stick my arms in.  I looked a tousled mess for a few days, but what the heck.  You'll figure it out!  Best wishes :-)          --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/22/09 9:52 am
Dorothy,
Thanks!  I was worrying about the reaching behind my back.  I tried on my front hook bras and that wasn't easy.  I've never had front hook bras before and latching those things is quite difficult.  I really need to buy another one.  I only  have one.

dec721
on 11/22/09 10:27 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I bought one of those front hook bras, too.  Bummer.  I wore a man's undershirt instead of a bra for the first week or so ... but then, since I've lost weight, I'm just about flat-chested, HA! 

It will all be over with before you know it, and you will barely remember all the clothing dilemma stuff :-)          --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/23/09 4:27 am
Dorothy!
I, also am flat chested, but it's because the girls are so deflated.  It's very ugly and sad.  I could easily just tuck them in my undies.  They look like tube socks with a tiny marble in the end!  I bought some front hook bras and tried them on last night, they are hideous!  I felt like Madonna in concert with her pokey metal bras!  BUT mine were empty!  I think Ill have to return them!

AbidinginHIM
on 11/23/09 7:18 am - Ontario, CA
If you are using one of the arm surgery garments that is like the bolero vest, you don't need a bra.  Because I also had my chest sides and down my flanks to my LBL scar excised, wearing a bra has been uncomfortable.  I'm wearing a sports bra now for a few hours at a time.  You might also try the cami's with the shelf bra. 

Today has been 3 weeks and 2 days since my surgery, and I no longer have to wear the top garment except for comfort - sometimes it is more comfortable on my arms, sometimes not.

Another thought is one of post breast surgery types of front hook bras that are a bit easier to hook.  I used those after my breast lift.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
dec721
on 11/23/09 8:52 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Ba ha ha!  I was a normal size until I got so dang fat.  Then the girls became ginormous.  Lost some weight in 2003 and had a breast reduction.  Gained weight back.  Had WLS.  Now have two little shriveled up skin bags.  I absolutely LOVE them, HA!!!  I'm too old and too single to care about anything but comfort these days :-)      --Dorothy

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/23/09 11:25 am
In high school I was a 38DDD, as I gained weight as an adult, I increased to 52DDD!  The D's stayed!  Now, I'm just a single D!  Totally deflated!  The D comes from rolls of skin!  No breast tissue for me!
ARGH!

Most Active