California plastic surgeons

execsue
on 11/22/09 6:52 am - Ione, CA
I was wondering if anyone knows of a plastic surgeon in California preferably northern that bills insurance and does not require up front cash out of pocket.

I have blue cross and medicare insurance.

I have alot of extra skin and have pain from it pulling.

I really need a breast reduction and lift, panni and muffin top, arms and thighs.

I have lost about 165 pounds total.

So if you can help I would appreciat it.

Sue
Sue 

Obesity Help Support Group Leader!!!!

www.obesityhelp.com/group/success/

HW 308  SW 256  CW 139  GW 145  BMI 23.9

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 9:24 am
I do not know of any in northern Cali -- there surely are some excellent ones, I just don't know who they are.  There are three in So. Cali whose practices are very nearly exclusively WLS patients, all three having fine reputations (including mine), and all three with offices that process insurance claims.  I only know about the financial arrangements that I made for my own procedure, and you will have to ask about details in your own situation.

If you PM me, I will gladly share their names with you.  Then you may enquire and go on consults if you like, and ask more questions about their qualifications, etc.
tazfan
on 11/22/09 12:13 pm
Dr. Eric Mariotti in Concord is the best in my opinion.  I have Blue Cross and they covered some of my surgery.  Dr. Mariotti works with alot of weight loss patients & his office staff is the greatest.  Check him out here on this board.  His office # is (925) 685-4533.

Good luck

Lisa
Kathie L.
on 11/23/09 12:38 am - Castaic, CA
Hi Sue,

I love my plastic surgeon (in Beverly Hills). I suggest contacting his office. His speciality is post bariatric patients. Dr. J. Timothy Katzen (Body by Katzen).

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
slowgoing
on 11/23/09 2:14 pm - CA
If I'm NOT mistaken, Kathie, Dr. Katzen does NOT take any insurance - all pay up front, period!
AbidinginHIM
on 11/25/09 11:51 am - Ontario, CA
When I had my consult with Dr. Katzen, he was submitting insurance authorizations for people.  I have Kaiser, so that wasn't an option for me.

I have a friend with Blue Cross PPO, and he was able to get a LBL and breast lift/aug covered for her completely because of rashes and other issues.  She paid very little.  She did not pay upfront, but only paid her portion which was a couple of thousand.

I like Dr. Katzen when I met him - I thought he was very nice and caring.  I've talked with  his patients and seen their scars.  The work was nice.  There was no way I could afford him.  His thigh lift was three times what I paid.  His included getting rid of all my varicose/spider veins and lipo 6 months before the thigh lift to debulk them and have them heal first.  I just couldn't pay the prices.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
sarah141
on 11/23/09 4:35 am - Fort Bragg, CA
I'm using Dr. Kenneth Bermudez in San Francisco.  He is super sweet, as is his staff & has lots of expericence with WLS patients - he even knows differences between the weigh loss surgeries!  www.plasticsurgery-sf.com is his contact info.  I also consulted at UCSF - Mary McGrath (415)476-1070 She was really nice & knowledgeable, but for whatever reason, I liked Bermudez better.  They both take Insurance, but not sure about medicare.  I contacted my Insurance, (also Blue Shield) and got them to e-mail me a list of PS who are preferred providers, then I started making calls, emails, etc!  Good luck!  If you need any help, I'd be happy to try and assist!
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/

Most Active