How much did you spend and what did you have done?

Bard4fun
on 11/21/09 7:45 pm
As I am doing my recearch I am wanting find out what I will have to spend and for what.
  I am planning to go th Mexico to Dr. S for my PS and need to start planning my budget.
So please, I need to find out not only what the procedures cost but also the other expenses like the trip and hotel, what you spent while you were there, transportation, time off, meds special garment etc.
I hope you understand I really have learned so much and love these OH forums they have help save my life. 
chickster522
on 11/21/09 10:16 pm
I am a Dr.S patient,while I would prefer not to say what I paid because every case is different.

What my price included...LBL, BL/BA and arms I had an all inclusive package...Hotel, airfare( up to 600.00) two full sets of garments,pain meds, all gauze and tape, a nurse every morning at my hotel room to rebandage me after my shower,breakfast,a visit from Dr.S at least once a day.

The only thing I spent while there was for lunches and dinner...and of course shopping....I believe in the 13 days I was there I spent 200.00.

I had consults with 5 other Drs, not only was Dr. S the best price, but in my opinion the best surgeon for my situation.

Send Dr.S an email with pics, he will suggest what you should have done,he will also give you a price.

Good luck to you,
Debbie
Bard4fun
on 11/21/09 11:17 pm
Debbie,
Don't you just love computers and the web. Just think a few years ago to even think about going of af the country for an operstion would be un heard of. But know because of forums like this we can gather information to change our lives. Awesome!
I will contact Dr S and find out what and how he wants me to take pictures of, and send them to him so I can get an idea of how much to budget.
katiekat412
on 11/21/09 11:13 pm
Hi There,

I agree, every indicvidual is different, so the cost is different, but Dr. S is really quick to give a qoute if you send him pictures.Most people on here spend between $11,000 and $18,000 depending on the number of procedures. Some spend less, some more, but that's average.

I'm in Monterrey now, and because everything is included except food, I haven't spend much money. I do tip the hotel nurse Patty, $5 every day. She is so awesome. I passed out when I tried to get a shower, and she was so kind. She petted me until I felt better! Weird I know, but it's hard to find a caring nurse sometimes.

Anyway, you get fed at the clinic, although I strongly recommend packing some protein snacks. At the hotel there is a free breakfast where I get scrambled eggs every AM.  There's a grocery store next door where I get snack food (lunch meat, cheese, etc) for during the day, and I usually buy dinner out. I would guess I spend $15 per day by choice. There's a McDonald's next door if you want cheaper.

You don't have to go anywhere, but there's a free shuttle to shopping and restaurants, and you should tip the driver a few dollars. Otherwise, everything really is included. No suprises.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

wendy_fou
on 11/21/09 11:31 pm - AR
I don't mind telling you what I spent and had done.  (But I didn't go to Mexico.)

I spent between $9900 and $10,000 (I don't have the exact dollar figure in front of me - I just remember that it was over $9900 and less than $10,000.)

I had:
tummy tuck
muscle tightening
liposuction of tummy & hips
breast augmentation
breast implants

Good luck!!!
WildeWoman1
on 11/22/09 7:12 am
Who was your surgeon & where did you go?

Thanks
Linda
wendy_fou
on 11/22/09 8:29 am - AR
I stayed right here at home (Hot Springs, Arkansas).  I used Dr. Herrold.  www.arplasticsurgery.net

Every time I met with him, he literally made me feel as if I were the only patient he had.  He and his RN even gave me and my mom their personal cell phone numbers in case we had questions or concerns when their office wasn't open (so we wouldn't have to go through the message service). 

I would recommend him to anyone. 
Mendee M.
on 11/22/09 12:26 am - Mulvane, KS
Bard,

Here is a link to Dr. Sauceda's price list on his web page. It should give you a good idea of his fees.

http://www.medicaltourism.com.mx/page9.php

~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
TammyLynne
on 11/22/09 2:20 am - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
For my complete lower body lift with anchor cut..inner thigh lift..breast lift with implants.. and arms. My cost to the surgeon was 15,500.00  that included  the hotel, all the pain meds, 2 sets of garments.  My airfare was really high cause i flew in from Canada.  I paid almost 1300.00 a ticket.   As or food my most expesive thing so far is star bucks i think. I go there a few times a day.  My tummy is really upset from the anitbiotics that i am on so food and me dont see eye to eye.      If you want to know anything else feel free to email me at [email protected]   
    Tammy
Jupiter6
on 11/22/09 5:43 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
So far, about $22k--- for an upper blepharoplasty, two lower blepharoplasties, a lower face lift, breast reduction, brachioplasty, extended anchor cut abdominoplasty, mons lift and some upper thigh work. need about $7500 to finish the deal and remove the pile of skin from my arse, but that's looking unlikely.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active