OK.. apparently post-op day 3 is the magic day

wendy_fou
on 11/22/09 8:37 am - AR
I've only had to have 2 painkillers all day and it seems to be better by the hour. 

So I guess post-op day 3 is the turning point for me! 

I'm surprised at the emotional roller coaster that I've been through so far.  It was a really odd experience to go through.  Does everyone experience that I wonder? 
LinR
on 11/22/09 8:40 am
I've heard others post about this.  My surgery isn't until 1/7.  My sister is going with me, so I'll have to warn her about this or she willl probably freak out.

Glad you're feeling so well.

Lin

wendy_fou
on 11/22/09 8:44 am - AR
I baked pecan bars tonight and cried when I dropped a pan of them!  LOL 

(and NOOOO they were NOT heavy - so it wasn't a strain at all - I was just clumsey!)
MistersMom65
on 11/22/09 9:37 am - TN
I forgot how EMOTIONAL it makes you after PS. My Dr gave me a booklet about PS and the after "stuff" including the emotions. Mine went from "I'm on TOP OF THE WORLD!!" to "My life sucks...I'm goinging to swollen forever...This open place is probably going to GET HUGE & NEVER heal..." We all go through it. Just remember you are not alone. WE are in your corner.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

BrookeK
on 11/23/09 10:28 am - Arlington, TX
How true about the emotions!  Today is day 3 for me (surgery was Friday).  I have backed off of the pain pills today and have been "OK".  My arms feel like stuffed sausages though.  UGH!

Brooke

I am 5'4" tall

lizzybear
on 11/23/09 10:28 am - Olympia, WA
Oh wow, that explains a lot.  I've been super emotional the last couple weeks and am crying at the drop of a pin.  I went shopping today for a cute top to wear to a party at work tomorrow and almost started crying right there in the store when I finally found the perfect blouse but all that was left was a large, so smalls.  I'd have settled for a medium, but no - only larges.  I had to hurry and leave the store and cried in my car while wondering what the heck was wrong with me!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active