How much weight did you lose from skin removal after PS?

Jaime Breckenridge
on 11/22/09 5:34 am - IL
They removed 19.5 lbs or something like that from me.  I have pictures that I will be posting over the next day or two as I feel up to it.  It all came from my abdominal area.

I can tell you that I hurt so badly the first day, now on day four it isn't real bad but it doesn't tickle.  I feel like I am going to explode when I cough or laugh.  I am taking my pain killers almost as often as I can.  If I am asleep then I wait until I wake up and get moving around a bit. 

I am very glad I had the DS.  I had it in Oct. 2008 and lost 300 lbs in the year following.  Back in March my back began hurting.  I saw my PCP and surgeon and both told me the same thing, It's the excess skin/fatty tissue around your abdomen.  The only cure is removal via panniculectomy.

In July we thought I might have a hernia but Dr. Rossi said he'd know for sure once he had me opened up for the panniculectomy.  Well, I had quite a large hernia, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10cm or 3.9 inches.  A baseball is 2.5 inches in diameter, a softball is 3.5 inches in diameter and a DVD or CD has a diameter of 12cm, so maybe those will give you an idea of the size.

To repair the hernia they put a piece of mesh under the fascia and sewed the mesh to the fascia.  The Doctor told me the stitches they used to attach the mesh wee permanent stitches and it would be in there forever.

I think a lot of the pain I have had was from the hernia repair because it seems to be more muscular than anything else, but I could be wrong.

Oh, and I got a new belly button.

-Jaime

wendy_fou
on 11/22/09 2:37 pm - AR
Holy moly! 

I just had to stop in to say that you are such an inspiration! 

300 lbs is absolutely breathtaking! 

And judging from your pics, I know you MUST be glad to have that panni gone!  You will feel like a new man when you heal!

Get better soon and congratulations!!!
sweetbabi
on 11/22/09 5:50 am - Haines City, FL
They took 5.5 lbs from me. I had the fleur-de-lis tt. I'm only 2 and a half weeks out from that surgery. I was at 133 when I went in for surgery and got down to 125 within 2 days. Once the swelling goes down I may weigh less. But 125 was my goal so I was happy. LOL I absolutely LOVE my tt. But even if I didn't lose any I'd be happy. I can now go shopping and not have to buy shirts that are waaaaaaaaaaaay too big for me because I had to cover up my tummy.

doreenh
on 11/22/09 5:56 am, edited 11/22/09 6:57 pm - Meredith, NH
I haven't lost any yet and it's been about 3 weeks, I'm actually up a couple of pounds, I'm hoping its swelling.  They took off just under 3lbs of skin with my panni removal.

jcheryld
on 11/22/09 6:47 am
Your arms are absolutely gorgeous! Where did you get them done?
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

doreenh
on 11/22/09 6:56 pm - Meredith, NH

Thanks I think they came out great too, I had them done at a teaching clinic at Mass General, the interns were from Harvard.  It was only about $3500, I definitely got my monies worth.

BrookeK
on 11/22/09 6:55 am - Arlington, TX
I just had my arms and side/back fat cut off on Friday.  Doc said he cut off a little over 3 pounds.

BUT, I weigh 10 pounds more today than I did on surgery morning.  Damn IV fluids and swelling!

Good luck Bard!

Brooke
 I am 5'4" tall

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 10:02 am - Baltimore, MD
hey brooke! How are you feeling? any better then yesterday? I hope you got some rest!! 
jcheryld
on 11/22/09 1:42 pm
Is that considered an upper body lift? I don't see many posts about that, but I'm thinking this is what I need done. How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking?
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active