How much weight did you lose from skin removal after PS?

Bard4fun
on 11/21/09 11:31 pm
I was just wondering how much different people have lost due to skin removal now that they have had plastic surgery.
I feel like I would look pretty darn good if I didn't have this hanging stuff and it probaby would get me within a few pounds of my idea weight I am 6' and have a large frame and big barrel chest and work out. I want to be sexy... Is that bad? 
 So how much did you lose and are you happy with your decision to have PS?
wendy_fou
on 11/21/09 11:36 pm - AR
My skin alone weighed 2 - 2.5 pounds.  My mother's weighed more because there was more fat attached to the back of hers (whereas they told me I hardly had any fat left). 

So I'm guessing by that it sort of depends?

I don't know how much I've lost yet or even IF I will have lost yet.

I weighed 129 lbs the morning of my surgery. 

I weighed 131.6 the day after my surgery.  But I had been drinking and eating that day AND I'm swollen still (so fluid retention has to be considered).

I lost 2 - 2.5 pounds of skin, and they liposuctioned out about 600 cc of fat BUT they added 480 cc to one breast via implant and 440 ccs to the other breast via implant. 

So who knows?

I think I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I know whether or not it made any difference with my actual weight.

It is NOT bad to want to be sexy.  Wanting to look desirable is natural I think. 

I'm still really recently post-op, but I think I'm going to be very happy that I had PS. 
Bard4fun
on 11/21/09 11:40 pm
Where did you have your done and I could be so bold how much did it cost you can PM me if you would like. Bard
wendy_fou
on 11/21/09 11:45 pm - AR
I answered your other post about costs - between $9900 and $10,000.

I had mine done by Dr. Herrold in Hot Springs (http://www.arplasticsurgery.net/)

I absolutely LOVED him and his staff.  He literally makes you feel like you are the only patient he has.  I even have his and his nurse's personal cell phone numbers in case I have any questions or concerns. 

After using him, I don't think I'd ever let another PS touch me. 
Renee2007
on 11/21/09 11:59 pm - Central, FL
My surgeon didn't actually weigh my skin. I didn't have a huge panni as compared to others. There are pictures on my profile. I had an anchor cut tummy tuck, a breast lift with implants as my first procedures. Second stage, I had an inner thigh lift and arm lift. I had liposuction done as well in both of those procedures. SInce starting my plastics I have lost an additional sixteen pounds.

I am thrilled with my results and I am VERY glad that I had it done.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

BigCityGirl
on 11/22/09 12:05 am - San Diego, CA
I had an LBL and the surgeon removed 6.2 pounds.  I went on to lose about 12 pounds in total following the procedure.  Two years down the road now, I'm down about 19 pounds total since the procedure but the last bit of weight was due to more dieting and work at the gym.  I've heard of people here who have lost 20 pounds with an LBL. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 12:47 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
I love my TT. I lost 9 lbs during the TT and saw it immediately when I came home. Look at my pics if you want.
lizzybear
on 11/22/09 4:35 am - Olympia, WA
I didn't lose a pound.  I weighed 158 the morning of surgery and I've weighed every day since then and alternate between 156 and 158.  But my size 4 jeans I wore before surgery fit and are slightly lose even over the three layers of compression bottoms and top (that overlap on the tummy) and the binder on top of those.  So, hoping when swelling goes down even if I don't lose any weight, I'll lose some size.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

DrL
on 11/22/09 4:51 am - Houston, TX
Whatever weight in skin you lose with PS, it will look like a lot more when you look in the mirror and pull up your trousers !

When patients ask me about this I take the chance to voice my opinion on "the scale mentality."

Basically, the scale is not  the best determinant of how good you look and how well you are doing.  We are conditioned to that thought process, and sometimes even addicted to that mentality.  PS results are best judged by looking in the mirror and at your pics.

And even then, there are barriers to reacfhing that destination !

Best wishes,
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Jupiter6
on 11/22/09 5:33 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My gut flap weighed 9.5 pounds-- contained very little fat.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active