How long am I going to hurt?

wendy_fou
on 11/21/09 1:08 pm - AR
On Thursday, I had a tummy tuck w/ liposuction and muscle tightening with a breast augmentation and implants.

My question is, how long am I going to hurt?  There are times when I feel almost normal and pain free, then other times I feel like I'm just going to die. 

My breasts as so swollen right now that they look like they're going to explode and they hurt. 

My stomach hurts like I'm having menstral cramps and there is a tearing sensation inside me every great once in a while if I move a certain way.

On top of it all, I have gas and can't expel it for whatever reason - so I'm bloated as well.

I'm done whining now. 
Leah H.
on 11/21/09 1:26 pm - TX
Well I haven't had mine yet but I'd wager to say it will be a bit since it's just almost 3 days. Hang in there. And get some gas-x strips for the gas. I'd call the Dr. about the tearing sensation to be safe.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Jupiter6
on 11/21/09 1:42 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
At two weeks I took a two hour car trip and wanted to hang myself. The day-to-day pain lasted a few months for me, to be honest-- and I still get some searing pain from my brachioplasty after exertion. It does get better but it can take a very very long while.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Ica
on 11/21/09 2:50 pm - Anchorage, AK
First of all, I'll say everyone experiences pain differently!  I'm 3.5 weeks out from an anchor cut abdominoplasty and brachioplasty.  The first couple of weeks were really rouch for me.  It hurt.  A lot.  I took a lot of meds!  I too had the gas kind of pain, as well as the tearing, stretching sensations in my abdomen.  Most of that is basically gone now.  Although, to be honest, I'm starting to get lots of electrical, shooting, type pain now, which I know is related to healing and nerve endings, but it is much more bearable than the original pain.
M B.
on 11/21/09 10:07 pm - Warrensburg, MO
I am 10 days out I still have pain.  It is different now than at 3 days out. I still feel the effects of the muscle tightening but it is more of a soreness not pain.  But there is pain when the swelling is high.  At three days out I still could not lean back or get up on my own and was taking my pain meds every 6 hours. 

I had the gas/bloat issue as well.  Not until day 5 or 6 that I was able to have a BM then ouch!  I still have to take MOM every day or face the consequences.  

Feel free to whine  -  it helps sometimes.  Last night my stomach was so swollen and painful I cried for the first time through this whole thing.  

I have to keep reminding myself that I took 18 days off to recover and I need to take it easy and use that time to really rest and not over do it, even when I feel almost normal.  Don't be hard on your self - rest, read a good book, let yourself heal!

Hugs,
Marilyn 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Most Active