Did BL/BA get rid of skin on sides of boobs???

susie64
on 11/21/09 4:22 am
I have extra skin on the sides of my boobs, under my armpits.  Was your surgeon able to get rid of this when you had the BL/BA?  One surgeon suggested I have an upper body lift with incision going all the way around.  But I don't have any back fat or saggy skin on my back so there is no reason for me to have an incision going all the way around my back.

Right now it is really wrinkly on the sides - not so much fatty.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
MistersMom65
on 11/21/09 5:38 am - TN
PS took my "Side Boobs" and took the fat and transfered it to my FRONT breasts(LOL). I love it!!! Took the excess skin off.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

lizzybear
on 11/21/09 6:37 am - Olympia, WA
Like you, I don't have any extra skin or fat on my back, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want a scar there, either.  I've had four consults a year or so ago and one suggested the same thing - upper body lift with incision all the way around.  The others didn't suggest that at all, so I specifically asked and they said it's not worth the risk of the surgery and the placement of a scar where it's not necessary, when the BL/BA would take care of the skin on the sides.  Of course, I was also looking at the arm lift, which would also help with armpit skin, especially when combined.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

AbidinginHIM
on 11/21/09 6:58 am - Ontario, CA
My side boobs were still there after the breast lift with auto augmentattion but they came off with my braichoplasty with chest wall and flank skin removal.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
sonnieN
on 11/21/09 7:15 am - grand rapids, MI
It helped. My surgeon decided not to extend the scar further out to get rid of it completely. Worse on my left side. Said if I really was unhappy w/ it after a while he can go in and take that part out in the office w/ a local. I'm giving it time to settle in and see what it looks like. I'd rather not have a longer scar that goes out under my arm equal w/ my breast.
katiekat412
on 11/21/09 8:08 am
I asked this question at my consults. You can get an extended breast lift with a scar that goes from under the boobs to under the armpit, or you can get lipo if its fat and not skin, but a traitional BL will not correct that issue, though it may improve it.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

workingmommy
on 11/21/09 8:31 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Ya, a BL/BA on its own will probably not get rid of them.  I had brachio at the same time, so I have one long scar beginning at my elbow, down and around the armpit, and under the breasts for the "anchor" portion of the BL.  That is how my Dr. got rid of the "side boobs".  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

klopez
on 11/21/09 8:34 am
 My surgeon automatically extended my breast lift incision under my arm stopping at where my back starts. I had no idea that he was doing this but I guess he made that decision in the OR. He said that he also lipoed one side to make it look symmetrical. What a difference these extended incisions made! I look so much slimmer on top now. I love the result! I would definitely ask him to do this. Good Luck.
Melissa M.
on 11/21/09 11:52 am - Seabrook, TX
Typically the breast lift will not address the side boobs unless you dont' have much.  I have quite a bit of side boobage and the only way to get rid of it is through an upper body ift.  Or in my case with my brachioplasty.  My incisions will go up my arm, down the armpit and meet the scar under my breast from my breast lift.
susie64
on 11/21/09 12:02 pm
Thanks everyone for your information.  Much appreciated!

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Most Active