chance of dying?

misseye
on 11/21/09 7:47 am
Thanks so much for your thoughtful answer!  I do appriciate it and am very excited to see that it is less risky then I originally thought.
Missy

Ica
on 11/21/09 2:46 pm - Anchorage, AK
I agree that your questions is quite valid, and I respect that you are willing to ask it and consider the risks.  Not only am I a WLS patient and a recent postop PS patient, but I also happen to be a nurse working at a bariatric surgery clinic.  I see our patients the day before their WLS.  And one question I always ask is, "How are you feeling, are you nervous?"   My favorite response being "happy and scared."  As that's a reasonable answer.   If they say no they arent nervous or anxious , I'm concerned and I start to dig a little deeper.  With all surgery comes risk..and the worst risk of course being our death.  To be ready for ANY surgical procedure you should examine the risk of loss of life and then decide if that risk makes sense for you!  I know when I did research prior to my PS, I found that my risks were much less with these procedures then my original WLS.  This is of course related to our improved medical condition, which comes naturally with our weight loss!
Most Active