Sizes and LBL?

misseye
on 11/20/09 11:39 am
For those who had LBLs, how many pants sizes did you lose once all the swelling went down?
Missy

AbidinginHIM
on 11/20/09 3:51 pm - Ontario, CA
I went from a 10-12 at Coldwater Creek or Dress Barn to a 6-8 at Gap/Old Navy.  I can pretty much buy a size 6 anywhere and wear it if the calves are not skinny sized. I don't think I can ever wear skinny type jeans.  Some styles I wear a 4 and others an 8, but for the most part, I'm a 6.

It really depends on other body shapes tood. Even in the size 4, the waist is a big big, and I always wear a belt with my pants now, but I have to go by the fit in my calves/thighs.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
misseye
on 11/20/09 9:16 pm
thanks so much and a big congrats to you on your loss.  Very inspiring!  I think your post is helpful because it sounds like, even with PS, you still end up really having to deal with size and fit issues dependant on your body type.  I guess most people do (weight loss or no weight loss).  But I bet pants fit so much better!
Missy

AbidinginHIM
on 11/20/09 11:35 pm - Ontario, CA
it can really depend on how you carried your weight and how muscular you are and any problem areas you still have.

I have had my thighs done - but my calves and knee area are still big - always will be, so it can really depend.  Dresses I could wear a 4 if they fit my arms, and I was having a problem with that.  Hopefully now, I can find dresses that fit better since I had my arms done.  I have broad, and now boney, shoulders - so that might be more of an issue.  Skirts are a 4 if they are fuller in the lower thigh/knee area. 

I've had the hardest time with Capri length pants and shorts and that is mostly due to the lower leg issues.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
wondering
on 11/20/09 9:22 pm - Canada
I hear everyone is different.  When I went to the hospital I was wearing a 6.  Now, still wearing the binder and with the swelling and fluid retention, I can easily do up those size 6s and they are baggy in the butt, so will probably be going into a 4.  But I'm not going to order any new sizes until I see the final results.
L.

misseye
on 11/20/09 10:01 pm
Thanks!  Congrats on your loss and your LBL :)
Missy

sonnieN
on 11/21/09 12:38 am - grand rapids, MI
w/ my LBL went from a 12 to a 10 but the waist was super huge on the 10's but couldn't do smaller because I have thunder thighs. Now that I've had my MTL along w/ the LBL I'm in a 6 mostly sometimes an 8 depending on the jeans but mostly a 6.

Sonya
Leah H.
on 11/21/09 1:07 am - TX
I am hoping to get to an 8. I am a 12 right now.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

workingmommy
on 11/21/09 8:27 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I went from a 12 to a 2/4, depending on the style...but mostly 4's  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Maureen K.
on 11/21/09 10:08 am
I went from a 6 to a 4 although there are sitill some size 6's I can still wear

Best wishes

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09