Lipo

akers123
on 11/19/09 10:19 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
I have been missing in action for  while.  I had a LBL in Feb of this year and I am getting ready for round 2.  The doctor wants to "THIN" out the balk before we do an "upper body lift".  I have alot of back fat.  He wants to thin my arms out also.   My Gastric was 6 years ago and I have lost 180 pounds so I just think I am DONE loosing!!  Anyone else need that done. 

The plan is lipo of back and arms and do a breast lift.  (He doesn't want to do an implant this time, he wants to lift them and let them settle and then do an implant if needed).

What kind of pain should I expect with Lipo?

Good to be back on the boards.  I do see a few names I remember. 
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Renee2007
on 11/19/09 10:26 am - Central, FL
I had lipo done on my thighs and arms with both of my lifts. It leaves you feeling VERY battered. You will have bruising and you just feel so sore and tender. At least that has been my experience. I used to think of lipo as no big deal. I have a much greater respect for it now.

Best of luck to you on your next phase!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

akers123
on 11/19/09 10:29 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Thanks Renee - Did you have the lipo when you had the lifts?  We are doing just lipo and then going back in later to do the actual back lift.

Thanks again!!
Kristi Akers

Renee2007
on 11/19/09 10:33 am - Central, FL
Yes, the lipo was done in conjunction with my arm lift and inner thigh lift. I would imagine recovery from lipo alone would be considerably easier than when it's combined with the lift procedure.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/09 10:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I had lipo done on my arms after my brachio.  I must say the lipo was worse in that it really beat me up and has taken MUCH longer to recover from.  I had the lipo done at the end of July and i'm still healing from it.  The swelling lasted at least 3 months and there is still a lot of numbness and sore areas. 

I'm going to have lipo done on my legs (thighs) with my butt/thigh lift in a couple weeks and I'm expecting it to be rough on my legs......I hate the swelling but at least it won't last forever.

In a nutshell lipo is like getting run over but it does give some nice results.   The difference in my arms was noticeable right away- despite the bruising.

Best wishes

Melissa M.
on 11/19/09 1:20 pm - Seabrook, TX
NIce to see you back on the boards.  I had lipo on my back with my LBL and it looked a lot worse than it felt.  It was sore for a while but not overly so.   I still have a lot of back fat too but I am combining my back lipo with my arm lift and side boob lift.  I asked the dr if he thought I should do the lipo first but he thought we could take care of a lot of it during the surgery.
akers123
on 11/19/09 7:10 pm - Charlotte Hall, MD
Melissa,

Its great to see you as well.  I will never forget the day you got to the hospital and had to reschedule your surgery, heart breaking.....Glad it worked out cause you look great!!  I looked at your pictures, is that what the bruising is from the lipo?  I guess I have alot of lipo and his thought is do the lipo and let the swelling go down and then do the back lift in the next surgery.  I ended up having a pretty major open wound on my back and it is just FINALLY totaly healed now, it was a pain, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!! 

I had my pre op yesterday and I am very excited. AGAIN  I am staying one night in the hospital with all the lipo etc and I live about 2 hours from the hospital.
Kristi Akers

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/09 2:27 pm - San Jose, CA
I've had quite a lot of pain from my brachioplasty and I think a lot of it is from the lipo.  My arms were pretty heavy, and I'm older so my lower arms were getting saggy too and frankly, I am getting some pretty uncomfortable -- no, PAINFUL -- shooting pains in my lower arms when I move them certain ways, like the skin has formed adhesions over the muscle that have to be torn loose.  I hope it ends up being worth it, because I was not expecting this pain (my brachioplasty was a last-minute addition to the first surgery, which was a face and neck lift, and we literally decided to do it an hour before I went under, so I wasn't really prepared for it).

I'm now 2.5 weeks out and still taking narcotics every 4 hours.
katiekat412
on 11/19/09 8:05 pm
It is more painful than other parts of PS, but its very tolerable. It feels like what it looks like- that your body is very bruised. The swelling is driving me crazy!! That being said, even though I have no idea what I"ll look like in the end, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

akers123
on 11/19/09 8:08 pm - Charlotte Hall, MD
Thanks..

Did you have something else done with it or did you have just the lipo?
Kristi Akers

Most Active