hmmmm.......

Soaplady
on 11/19/09 7:01 am - Guilford, NY
The *******s!!

They are noticing an increase in procedures because of all the weightloss surgery being done, most likely, and decided to stick their gnarly fat fingers into that pie, too. How the US politicians make me want to puke.

Another reason to go to Mexico.

Just sayin'!

Marlee
on 11/19/09 7:08 am
I agree........yet another reason to "run for the border".
Lisa0719
on 11/19/09 7:05 am - PA
"The measure exempts plastic surgery done to remedy a deformity arising from, or directly related to, a congenital abnormality, a personal injury resulting from an accident or trauma, or disfiguring disease"

isn't morbid obseity a disfiguring disease . . .

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Soaplady
on 11/19/09 7:34 am - Guilford, NY

They will have to define "deformity" or disfiguring disease.  It can be subjective...so this should be fun.

Then, they may say OK to panni, but not boobs. It will very interesting to see how the fight and figure a way to tap into this rich new resource.

God forbid they should "just say NO" to a hefty payraise or other wonderful perks they so hungrily consume!

I repeat...THE *******S!

Marlee
on 11/19/09 9:03 am
It will be very interesting to see how all of this plays out.
Seems to me that there could be lots of "double standards" involved...
Shall I dare say it - oh, hell - why not......
What will be next???  Taxing surgeries that may be required for cancer treatments due to the fact that the patient was a smoker?  I mean, after all, we do know of all the problems that can arise due to smoking, yet people still do it.  I'm an ex-smoker myself, and probably would still be doing it if I felt that I could safely get away with it.....
lizzybear
on 11/19/09 7:56 am - Olympia, WA
I totally agree - the *******S!!!!!!  Yep, the definition of 'disfiguring disease' is going to be key - but I think it should be considered disfiguring when you have to tuck your boobs into the top of your socks so they don't get tied up in your shoelaces!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Soaplady
on 11/19/09 9:46 am - Guilford, NY

LOL@lizzybear!  That is a really funny visual! Thanks for the chuckle!!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/20/09 12:47 pm
Were you watching me dress through my window Lizzybear? 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/09 8:07 am
 My guess is that procedures required for reconstruction following treatment for disease process (eg breast cancer) is going to be required.  

Dunno, this doesn't look kosher to me somehow.  I believe they are discussing coverage of purely cosmetic surgeries.  Reconstruction following obesity is not in that category ... I often misread these things, but this doesn't look "whole" to me.
Most Active