Post anchor cut questions

Ica
on 11/19/09 8:54 am - Anchorage, AK
So weird that you posted this today.  I am three weeks out and just noticed a touch of swelling in that spot today.  I too rubbed it a bit hoping to move the fluid around.  Not a lot of swelling but enough that I noticed when looking in the mirror.
BonBon1
on 11/19/09 9:42 pm - Somewhere, GA
I'm so relieved to know this seems to be a common problem!  Mine was swelled there the first time I
saw the incisions in the hospitals.  I hope yours goes away quickly!
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/09 11:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep I've got one of those little blobs....right now I call it my 3rd boob.  My surgeon says the same thing....a minor revision will take care of it.  Technically I think it's a big old dog-ear.

Swelling.....I've been pretty fortunate and didn't have much swelling in my tummy but the little bit I had was definitely more on the right side.  BUT........my thighs and but swelled up big time around day 4 or 5.  I put on a full compression garment and "teds" (those compression hose worn during surgery) and it really helped reduce the swelling.  I saw and felt a difference after about 3 days in the garment and I'd say most of the swelling was gone in about a 10 days or so.  I'm a big believer in the compression garments.....oh, and elevating the legs as much as possible...that really helps!!

I use ice packs on my tummy whenever it gets a little puffy ....like after my morning jog.

Hope that helps......
Ruth
BonBon1
on 11/19/09 9:49 pm - Somewhere, GA
Ruth, thanks, you,ve got some great ideas!  I'm still in a binder, but will switch to some other kind of garment soon.  I want one with legs to put some compression there and in the mons area. Any ideas on that, I'd love to know.
  I'd love to go for a jog this morning, but afraid that's way ahead of me!
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 3:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I own this one and found it to be pretty comfortable ....as comfortable as these contraptions can be.

designveronique.com/cgi-bin/ic/dv2/853.html

Best wishes!!
Ruth

Most Active