Post anchor cut questions

BonBon1
on 11/19/09 5:16 am - Somewhere, GA
For those of you who have had anchor cut tt,  did you have a little round swelling at the end of the vertical incision at the bottom of the breasts?  I swear mine looks like a tiny booby!  Dr. says it may go away or will be a very easy revision in the office later.  Also, are you more swelled up on one side of your body than the other?  I'm swelled on the left, and my thighs are swelled, too.
   Thanks, everybody for any info!
                                         Bonnie
Soaplady
on 11/19/09 5:33 am - Guilford, NY
hi Bonnie...

I am just about10 days out and yes, I have that little swelling between the bewbies...one side does seem to be a tad more swollen (left for me too) and my thighs are swollen.

With this type of work, the skin and fatty layer are separated from the muscle layer...this creates a pocket AND an inflammatory response. That response surges  nutrients in the way of body fluids to the site to repair the damage. You will naturally get some swelling as the cells fill with his fluid. It is a part of the process. People vary of course, so some may swell more than others and for longer or shorter periods. All normal.

As to one side more than the other....we are imperfect and assymetrical by nature. One boob is naturally larger than the other... often, one thigh is a tad larger than the other...this is not uncommon either.

My thighs were lipo'ed before my  long thigh lift so between the lift and the suction,  yes, I am swollen...but even swollen...they are smaller than I started.

I am sure what you are experiencing is all fine and normal...but do pay attention to your body. If something seems NOT right, call the doc. There are NO stupid questions when it comes to your health.

Give that 3rd booby a couple of months before you consider that revision,,it must may not be necessary,

Take care!

Soapy
BonBon1
on 11/19/09 9:29 pm - Somewhere, GA
Soapy, thanks, that really helps.  I'm not so worried about the swelling as the little booby.  I'm more than ready to wait for revisions, too.  I'm getting my arms done next and may just tie it in with that.
Good luck in your healing, too!
Renee2007
on 11/19/09 7:09 am - Central, FL
I had that bump at the top of my vertical incision and my surgeon said I really needed to massage it. It was sore but I did it anyway. If you use neosporin or vaseline it makes it easier to massage. Mine is now flat.

I also had a lot of swelling in my upper thighs. I used my compressin garments faithfully and I also tried to elevate my legs as much as possible. I also took a rolling pin and gently but firmly rolled up my thigh towards my belly. It helps to push the fluid into the lymphatic system. My swelling was pretty much equal on both sides but it didn't last.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

M B.
on 11/19/09 7:29 am - Warrensburg, MO
I've heard that massage - gentle for the lymphatic system can help.  Does anyone know how long you should wait?

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

BonBon1
on 11/19/09 9:37 pm - Somewhere, GA
My dr. said start massage when the incision is healed completely, about 3-4 weeks.  Maybe I'll just rub it through the binder like you've been doing. too
BonBon1
on 11/19/09 9:34 pm - Somewhere, GA
Thanks, the dr. did mention massage once the incision is healed.  I'll start that in a few weeks, I guess.  It just really helps to know other people have experienced the same things.  What would we do without this board??!!
  You ladies help so much!
Soaplady
on 11/19/09 9:53 pm - Guilford, NY
Renee, the image of you using a rolling pin on your thighs reminded me of the French animated movie "The Triplets of Bellville". It was an adult (not naughty, just not for kids) flick having to do with a guy training for a bike marathon and that was what his mother did to him.

When she did that, I thought "wow, that looks like it would feel good!" Now, Iwill have to try it.

Soapy
Renee2007
on 11/19/09 10:39 pm - Central, FL
That's funny! It did feel good for me and it helped to push that fluid where it needed to be. My swelling didn't last very long at all.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

M B.
on 11/19/09 7:31 am - Warrensburg, MO
I just started noticing that today and thought my binder was causing it.  I've been gently rubbing it through the binder (I don't have any pain there) and that has seemed to help.

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Most Active