How long before I'm able to drive

salinasyaya
on 11/19/09 2:37 am - Corpus Christi, TX
VSG on 07/29/08 with
How long before you are able to drive after surgery... I am having BL/BA, Tummy tuck and inner thigh lift with some lipo to back and flanks.  Thanks for ur help...

BigCityGirl
on 11/19/09 3:20 am - San Diego, CA
I can't believe your're having all those procedures done together - that's like three separate surgeries for me.  I drove pretty quickly after each of my procedures - as soon as I was off narcotic drugs - about on the third day but I didn't have all this stuff done together. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/09 3:31 am - Haleiwa, HI
I had a LBL, BL/BA, Small inner thigh lift, and lipo with fat grafting to my butt all at the same time, and I drove at the 2 1/2 week mark.  I was lucky to have my husband at home with me to drive the rest of the time, but I did drive short distances.

Good luck on your surgeries!

Jessica
Anjail
on 11/19/09 4:15 am - Detroit, MI
You look so good Ivfmommee.
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/09 4:41 am - Haleiwa, HI
Thank you!  I am ready for the swelling to be gone, but I look a lot better than I did before!  Dr S is the best!

Jessica
cleos_mom
on 11/19/09 6:05 am - phila., PA
I was able to drive after 8 days and off all pain meds
Soaplady
on 11/19/09 6:09 am - Guilford, NY

Before I came to Mx...I told Dr S that I would need to drive 2 1/2 hrs to pick my son up from a brain injury facility he is in, just days after getting home since I naturally want him home for the holiday...he said that should be no problem.

I had my lbl, bl/ba, big thigh lift with lipo and brachio on the  9th. I am going home tomorrow and am sure I can drive the distance to get my son and back with no problems.

My only concern for you is the Lipo to the flank and back, That just might give you the need for happy drugs longer than I needed them. I have been on ibuprophen only for nearly a week.

Please do NOT drive as long as you need narcotics, It just isnt worth it, Take advantage and rest,..and good luck.

Soapy
salinasyaya
on 11/19/09 6:13 am - Corpus Christi, TX
VSG on 07/29/08 with
Awesome...thanks for your answers...my hubby is flying back home on January 1st and my parents are picking me up on January 6th in Monterrey (which is only two hours from where they live in Texas).  My hubby will have  it arranged to where my car is at my parents home.  I will probably stay another week with my parents and then drive close to three hours to my home in Corpus.  For those of you Dr S patients....did the hotel room have two beds?  Also, what did you do about laundry.  Twelve days amounts to a lot of laundry.  Thanks for your help...

LinR
on 11/19/09 6:14 am
I think you are going to be in Mexico around the same time I am.  I'll be there 1/6 - 1/18.

Lin

salinasyaya
on 11/19/09 11:49 am - Corpus Christi, TX
VSG on 07/29/08 with
I'm actually scheduled to leave on the 6th....we'll probably just miss each other...Good Luck!!

Most Active