What did you wear home on the plane??

WildeWoman1
on 11/18/09 9:39 pm
I will be having a TT and a brachioplasty & figure I'll wear sweat pants & a robe for the 2 weeks I am in Cost Rica recovering.

What did you wear home after your procedures?  I have read that after the arm lift I won't be able to raise my arms over my head - so that will limit my options.

Will I still have bandages on? Will I have a compression garment for my arms? I know I will for the TT.

Any info. is always appreciated.

Thanks!!
M B.
on 11/18/09 10:01 pm - Warrensburg, MO
I wore the same stretch pants that I wore in.  With the bandages and compression garment, they still fit.  I wore a zip up hoodie.  I had two drains that I just tucked in my pants but it was not real comfortable.   Since you have to travel you might consider a loose dress rather than pants, but you would want it to zip not pull over your head -  hmmmm.   Maybe some one else that had to travel home has a good idea . . . .

Best wishes!!

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

WildeWoman1
on 11/18/09 10:06 pm
Thanks!! I was thinking a long flowing dress that buttons all the way up in the front.

Will I still have bandages on my arms at day 14?? Drains?? in my TT at day 14?? I was hoping all the drains would be gone when I fly home - is that not correct??

Linda
M B.
on 11/18/09 10:40 pm - Warrensburg, MO
Oh, I did not know how long you would be there.   I stayed close to home for my TT.  I got my drains out at day 5 so, yeah you probably will have them out. 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

chickster522
on 11/18/09 10:47 pm
I came home on day12, no drains but lots of swelling. I wore yoga pants and a button up shirt...it took several weeks before I could raise my arms.

Good luck
Debbie
Most Active