This surgeon should be shot.

Anjail
on 11/18/09 12:04 am, edited 11/18/09 12:06 am - Detroit, MI
For those of you out there whom think your PS is bad. Take a look at this lady. She went to Mexico and had her surgery.Of course we know that she didn't go to Dr. Seduca ( although she should have). WTF was this surgeon thinking? Did he use her as a guinea pig???? I found this lady on makemeheal.com and I felt so bad for her. The only reason I'm sending this post is because I read another post where the person was not satisfied with their results and I wanted to let her know that it could be much worse. Please go to the website/then click on pictures/videos/click the picture option/then go to where is says(search by procedure) and select tummy tuck then search/then where is says (search by friendname) put in Optimistic88 and hit enter. That should pull up this lady pics. Please go to her pics so you can get the full effect of how he really and truely messed her up. You might be able to click on the pic below and it will take you right to her page. What would you do it your PS turned out like this?????

square breast, no extensionproblemswound 10 weeksscars 11 weeks
AbidinginHIM
on 11/18/09 12:35 am - Ontario, CA
I've seen this poor ladys photos on Make Me Heal.  I really feel for her.

This is a good reminder for all of us to remember that these surgeries are HUGE and we need to really check things out before hand.  There are many who think a cosmetic surgeon is the same thing as a plastic surgeon - not true - and that all plastic surgeons will do a good job - not true.

Also, many of us have complications two, three and four + weeks out.  This is important to consider too because the follow up care is key.  This is a biggie to me because I am the seroma queen and have had complications lasting for several months after each surgery.  My results are great, but my body really likes to over produce fluids.  I've had drains and drains and drains as well as surgeries for unresolved seromas that needed to be treated with talcum powder to help them scar down and even had to be quilted.
Make sure that your plastic surgeon is there for the long haul - complications and revisions.  When I had my arms/flanks done 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had an area on my thigh revised again.  Yesterday, I had 4 seromas aspirated after having drains in for more than 2 weeks.  Two of those pockets are filling up again this morning - I can almos****ch them get bigger.  Yes, I have on binders and compression - it's just the way my body does things.  If I used an out of area surgeon, then I wouldn't have anyone to go back to with my complications.  Just something to think about as well.

I could have saved about $5,000 on the initail surgeries, but how much would I have spent on the complications? Because my surgeon was part of my medical group, all my complications have been 100% covered.  Those bills amounted to over $150,000! Big difference!

Be careful with all these surgeries!
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Anjail
on 11/18/09 3:48 am - Detroit, MI
Thanks you for you post. The reason I posted this was because I wanted everyone to be aware of what can happen. We see so many people with wonderful results that we forget about the people who have been disfigured. I felt so sorry for this lady. It was meant to be a wake up call for all of us having these major body changing surgeries. Every PS whom say they are qualified/board certified/ or whatever doesn't actually mean they are going to do a good job.

If you know this lady personally please let her know I feel for her and I am glad that she has been able to get this corrected and that she should be a spokes woman for when a Plastic Surgeon can disfigure you like this. Her experience will help someone else out.
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 11/18/09 2:00 am, edited 11/18/09 2:08 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with

EDIT: Nevermind. I was thinking of Gracies

HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

661jennifer
on 11/18/09 2:09 am - bakersfield, CA
Actually it was Dr Gongora...We used to chat constantly on another site. I was one of the ones wishing her a quick return...When we did not hear from her we all checked around and one month later she surfaced with her pics....If you read this i'll leave her name out  she is well loved on other sites by all of us.Also she had other work done since and looks really good. That was with another doctor.
"People are healed by different kinds of healers and systems because the real healer is within." - George Goodheart

Anjail
on 11/18/09 3:37 am - Detroit, MI

Thanks for the post Jennifer. I'm so glad she was able to get this corrected. I wish I had hit the lottery or something because I would have helped her financially to get her body back. My blessing would have come back to me later. That Dr need not pratice in PS.

Also, everyone please don't take my post as me trying to exploit this woman. It was only meant as an eye opener for those of us whom put our trust in our surgeons. I see so many people with wonderful results and nobody ever really talk about the horror stories.

Again, I'm so happy for her that another surgeon was able to fix her so that she can have her body back. I actually think she needs to be a spokes woman for situations like this to make everyone aware of what can happen.

661jennifer
on 11/18/09 7:08 am - bakersfield, CA
Yes it is scary I was supposed to have mine done with him...But after seeing several unhappy people...let me rethink that...OK after he buttered other women I could not go through with it. He threatened her and several others saying that they better not give him a bad name.OK he has done that him self.
"People are healed by different kinds of healers and systems because the real healer is within." - George Goodheart

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 8:08 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
I may be misunderstanding the post......so I am going to ask for clarification.

Was it Dr Gongora who did the BAD butchering job?  OR.....are you saying it was Dr Gongora who helped her by doing corrective surgery to help her?

Thanks.
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 8:14 am - Haleiwa, HI
Dr Gongora butchered her, and she has had some face work done by Dr Caloca in TJ.  She has not had her butchered job revised yet, but she is scheduled to have Dr Caloca revise her pretty soon.

Jessicca
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 8:19 am
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Sweet Mother of God....I was considering using him. 

THANKS............for the reply.
Most Active