4 Weeks Post-Op Arms and Inner Thighs Pics

LinR
on 11/19/09 1:46 am
Renee:

Your scars are heeling beautifully.

Are you using any silicone strips or messaging anything into your scars?

Thanks for posting

Lin

Renee2007
on 11/19/09 2:05 am - Central, FL
Thanks Lin. I have only been using Neosporin. I massage it in twice a day. My surgeon recommended it. From what I have read it's the massaging that really helps to soften and flaten the scar.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/19/09 5:02 am
Thanks for the info on the Neosporin! I think I'll go that route.  I have heard from many that it's the massaging that makes the difference.  Your scars really look amazing!  When did you start using the Neosporin twice a day?  How far out were you?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Renee2007
on 11/19/09 9:20 am - Central, FL
The steri strips on my thighs were removed after 1 week and I started on my thighs then. The strips on my arms weren't removed until week 2 and that's when I started with the arms.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Laugh Out Loud
on 11/19/09 6:35 am
I'm so happy for you!  Amazing work.  I also want to thank you for posting updates and pics on this and the DS board.  I've learned so much from your posts - plastics and iron issues.  I had my LBL on Monday and was calmer than expected because of all you've shared.  Thank you!  Wishing you continued healing and recovery.
Cindy
Renee2007
on 11/19/09 9:23 am - Central, FL
Hi CIndy!

It's so good to see a post from you. I'm glad to know that your LBL is behind you. You'll have to fill me in with the details when you feel up to it.

Thank you so much for the kind things you say. I try the best I can to pay it forward in whatever ways I can. I know for me looking at peoples progress pictures just made it so encouraging for me, so I try to do the same. I'm glad that I have been able to help you. Please let me know if you have any questions and be sure you are taking it easy! I know you must be so glad to be rid of that extra skin! Hope your recovery is quick.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Soaplady
on 11/19/09 6:57 am - Guilford, NY
Renee,

You look great, your scars are fading fast and you must feel so much better having been liberated from the flab that WAS!

Good for you and good luck with your finish-up work.

Isnt it nice to wear cute, sexy grundies???

I cant wait go de-swell and go shopping!

Soapy
Renee2007
on 11/19/09 9:25 am - Central, FL
Hey Teri,

Are you home yet or still in Mexico? I can't wait to see pictures!

Thanks so much for the compliment. I feel very fortunate to have had the recoveries that I've had. It's a scary thing when you decide to go under the knife but I have had no regrets.

Hope you are healing well and that swelling goes down asap!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

lizzybear
on 11/19/09 8:15 am - Olympia, WA

You look SO awesome!!!  I am so happy for you.  I hope when I get my arms done, they look as good as yours. 

I had my 3-week post extended abdominoplasty check up yesterday and asked about scar treatments and my surgeon told me the same thing about scar treatment - he said it's not so much what you put on them, it's the massaging motion that is what really helps.  He suggested Neosporin or any scar cream with vitamin A and E in it.  Your scars look terrific, so since I just happen to have 2 brand new tubes of Neosporin on hand (my husband's a klutz andgets lots of knicks and cuts), I'm going to go use it right now and start using it twice a day!! 

Good idea on the idea to explain the tan lines on your legs! LOL

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Renee2007
on 11/19/09 9:28 am - Central, FL
Thank you Liz. I know each surgeons recommendations vary but the neosporin has really worked for me. I hope you have good results too. But I think it's the massaging that is key.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Most Active