I swear I am not whining

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/09 3:47 pm - San Jose, CA
Oh.****

I wish there was a way of knowing how LONG the pain would last.  2 weeks?  6 weeks?  How do people go back to work at 3 weeks after an LBL??  After a thigh lift?  That sound un-freaking-possible.

I am not digging this AT.ALL.
DS Facts
on 11/20/09 10:09 am
Diana, I just wanted to let you know that in your pics I noticed your face swelling is down and it's looking great!
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 11:51 am - San Jose, CA
Thanks for that -- it sure doesn't feel that way, and it feels "lumpy" for the last couple of days, especially under my chin.  I suppose it will all keep changing for a while ... and that at some point, I will be able to FEEL my lower face, neck and ears again.

How are you doing?
DS Facts
on 11/20/09 12:52 pm
I'm ok. Shingles are gone. Still have a giant hole in the incision line, it's healing though and not infected. He said in 2-3 weeks it should be healed enough (less deep)  that he can freeze me with local, do some cutting and sew me up.
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 1:04 pm - San Jose, CA
Ow OW OW!!

Can you give me any idea -- if you have one! -- why you ended up with a poorly healing hole?  Was there too much stress on the incision line?  Is it on your backside, where you have to lie on it?  Or to the contrary, did you move too much too soon?  Is there any advice you can give me to lessen the likelihood of this happening from  your experience?

This is a huge fear of mine (besides the pain).  I know Jillian had this problem as well.  Being older than you or Jillian, I'm especially worried that I heal more slowly anyway.

Gaaaggghhh -- I'm going to freak myself out again!
DS Facts
on 11/20/09 1:24 pm
It's honestly been no big deal. You can see it on my profile, it's on my front where the vertical and horizontal incisions meet, common problem area for anchor incision as blood flow is disrupted in 3 directions. It was nothing I did, nothing my surgeon did, just how I healed. He's going to fix it up nice, it's really just a nuisence more then anything. The LBL / hernia repair wasn't bad at all Diana. It was not as uncomfortable as I feared being cut all the way around. Fear not!

Jupiter6
on 11/21/09 3:32 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I was scared ****less of this too-- the open wounds that require packing----AAAAGH! I had only one wound that didn't heal fast-- a quarter sized hole on the left hip. I kept it moist and clean, and after about 6 weeks it completely filled in.

My healing process on my body was made a little lighter by my lack of a belly button. I opted out-- just one more hole to struggle with, so I am navel-less these days.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jupiter6
on 11/21/09 1:52 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
You're no doubt swollen.

I'm a very very lucky girl;. I had one of the largest brachioplasties I've ever seen-- with no lipo...and here's my result-- I like to think the work I do at the gym's done me some good:

Pre Plastics:

1 week post op:

4 months post op:

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/09 2:47 pm - San Jose, CA
Wow -- just WOW!

I am not going to end up cut that close to the bone because I am still heavier than you -- which was my own personal goal, but that does NOT mean I don't admire your GUNS girl!

Yeah, I checked with Agha - he lipo'ed the hell out of my arms, both upper and lower -- but of course I am older than you and heavier and stuff was flubby-flabby, even though I've been working out with a personal trainer.

But DAMN those are some great results!
Most Active