Compression Hose.. hope these things work...

trishy
on 11/18/09 3:54 am
Well doc recommended I go and try them.  Anything is worth a shot at this point, my leg swelling is terrible.  Has anyone out there used a 15-20 compression garmet?  What was your result?  I already bought mine so the deal is done...........

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Alice H.
on 11/18/09 4:05 am - Winterville, NC
My doc requires that I bring compression stockings with me next week when I come for surgery...  I think they do help with the swelling but most important is that they help decrease chance of blood clots!
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 7:14 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yes I used them and because you've reminded me I'll take them with me to my next procedure.
They are TIGHT, at times can be a little uncomfortable but they seem to work.  Glad you called the Dr and will hopefully get some relief real soon!  Go put on the hose and elevate your legs.

TTFN
Ruth
BethinSeattle
on 11/18/09 2:43 pm - Federal Way, WA
After my LBL and again after my MTL I used compression stockings along with my other compression garments.  I think mine were higher than 15-20 though.  If I went without them, all the fluid being pushed out by my other compression garment went to my lower legs.

I also spent alot of time with my legs elevated.

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
mnlisad
on 11/19/09 5:51 am - Rochester, MN
LOVE my compression hose post inner thigh lift.  I believe mine are Futuro...?  might be wrong on the name, but I think they are at least 30 mmhg.  I had my thigh lift done in May...but I still wear to work everyday--I'm a nurse and my legs just feel better with the support--and I think it really helps the swelling.  Good luck!  Lisa

Duodenal Switch 4/25/06
Pre op weight: 368
Day of surgery: 345
Current weight: 156
9/08--176# Lower body lift and brachioplasty--now 156#!
4/09 Medial thigh lift/thighplasty and BA/mastopexy! 

trishy
on 11/19/09 7:32 am
Thanks ladies for all your thoughts!!! I wore them today and I have pants on.  They helped the swelling a little bit but honestly, coupled with the compression binder and drain I am still wearing, and the big ol boobs I am still trying to get used to (but I do like em' alot)... I am pretty dang uncomfortable.  Hopefully I will get used to it or maybe the swelling will subside (wishful thinking) 

Thanks again!!

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Most Active