Burning Skin anyone?

wondering
on 11/16/09 9:24 pm - Canada
The skin is not burning - it's not even hot.  But I have the sensation that the skin is burning.  It's more bothersome at night.  I'm wondering if it could be the nerves growing back that is giving me this feeling.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this.  Oh, it is no where near the incisions - it's about the mid-thigh area (post LBL).
Thanks
L.

M B.
on 11/16/09 10:17 pm - Warrensburg, MO

I am only 5 days out TT but I have that sensation on my stomach quite a few inches above the incision area.  I attribuited it to the muscle tightening and also like you say to the nerves.  I was told that it might be quite some time before sensation returned to normal. 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

wondering
on 11/16/09 10:29 pm - Canada
Thanks Marilyn - I'm glad to see I'm not alone with the sensation - it's a little weird isn't it - you would think you're on fire bu the skin is cool to touch.  I guess I will live with it and hope for normal to return soon.  I had my LBL on November 2nd.  I hear it could take up to 6 months before feeling normal again.  The sooner the better.
L.

Renee2007
on 11/16/09 10:31 pm - Central, FL
I've had and am currently having that same feeling. I'm feeling it on my outer thighs after having an inner thigh lift. I think some of it is from the actual stretching of the skin from being pulled taut.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Alice H.
on 11/17/09 1:07 am - Winterville, NC
I had something like that for about a week after my RNY.... no one could explain it, but I think it was nerve pain.  It went away after a few days.
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/09 1:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I had that after my Brachioplasty and breast reduction (not yet after the tummy tuck)....I was told by my surgeons that it is the nerves healing.  It lasted about 10 days for me (didn't happen 24 hrs a day but enough to be annoying). 

If you are concerned it's always best to check with your surgeon.
Hope that helps
wondering
on 11/17/09 1:59 am - Canada
Thanks everyone.  You have confirmed what I though - it's normal and nothing to RUSH to the doc about.  I have an appointment on Friday and will mention it to him then.  In the meantime, I don't think any harm is coming from it - it's too far away from anything but nerves.
L.

trishy
on 11/17/09 3:34 am
Yes I had it post TT  BA/BL the first week mainly around midnight. I am not sure what it is, but it hasnt returned as bad as it did that first week.  Felt like I was burning from my insides out.  Not fun...

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

wondering
on 11/17/09 4:22 am - Canada
Yep, that's it for sure.

lizzybear
on 11/17/09 8:51 am - Olympia, WA
Awesome question!!!  I have a burning, searing type of pain in a circle about golf ball size right on my hipbones.  I was wondering what I'd done wrong since it's not near the incisions.  Now I feel better knowing it's happened to others and sounds like it's a pretty normal happening.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active