I'm outta surgery and the clinic!

katiekat412
on 11/16/09 10:04 am
Hi guys! I was released a day early on good behavior- LOL! I'm in the hotel in Monterrey. On Friday, I had an extended TT, BL/BA, small arm lift, and lipo of my thighs, calves and back, with Dr. Sauceda. If you were following my story, that's a little different than I planned!

I was going to get a regular TT, BL./BA, and big arm lift, with a little lipo. I don't know how the results will be with the small versus big arm lift, but I was the most worried about that scar since I teach aerobics, so maybe its a blessing!

Recovery? Well, most of my body is purple ( I had lipo near every part), and I didn't think it was possible to be this swollen. No, it wasn't "weight loss lipo", but I still had weird fat deposits, like around my knees and under my arms. My hands are larger than they were when I was over 100 lbs heavier. It feels horrible. Suprisingly though, the rest of  the pain isn not too bad. I'm not going to say it doesn't hurt, ...especially COUGHING!! ARGGHH!!! I am worried that my boobs will be too small, but I didn't want big ones because of exercise. I got what I asked for!

Dr. Sacueda really is a wonderful human being. I know my results will be awesome, but I can't comment on that until my swelling subsides a little. I do know that he devotes so much time to his patients, and he cares...we aren't dollar signs in his eyes. He asked me if I needed him to go out and buy me snacks today. What surgeon does that???

I am also so blessed to have Fab and Terri here with me. I'm very shy, so I didn't know if I would socialize much given the situation, but they are lifesavers! They told me what to expect pre-op, and visiited me post-op. We may not have had people to come with us, but how wonderful to have each other! OH is a wonderful place.

Please let me know if you have questions!!

-you're very, very, very swollen friend...VERY

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

LinR
on 11/16/09 10:13 am
Katie:

Glad you're feeling well enough to get on the computer. 

Sounds like things are right on schedule. 

What is a small arm lift?????????

That sounds like something I would be interested in.  I have been writing back and forth to Dr. Sauceda on various versions of what I want to have done.  I'm sure he thinks I'm a pain--but just want to be sure I'm making the best decisions.

Hope you're recovery is unremarkable.

Lin

katiekat412
on 11/16/09 10:40 am
Hi Lin,

A small arm lift only removes a pi shaped skin from the upper arm/arm pit area- it's probaly about 2 inches across. It removes a little wrinkle, but puts a little more tension of the rest of the arm. The big lift is really reductive. So, with this small one, I won't have tiny arms, even though I deserve them with all the weight lifting, but I won't have the skin flapping back and forth when I box. I figured, I can always upgrade later, and who cares if they have a scar in their armpit? Ha!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Amarylis
on 11/16/09 10:17 am - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
Wow!!! Can't wait to meet him :-)

Congrats on your surgeries and rest well...and post some pics if you feel like...I plan alos to have lipo of the knees and calves, so...I am interested!!! Does it hurt by the way??? 

katiekat412
on 11/16/09 10:42 am
Hi there,

I will post pics, but right now people would run away screaming! LOL!! My legs are definately sore from the lipo, but I think its very tolerable. The doctor said that results with calf lipo are variable, but "it can't hurt", so I wanted to go for it.

susie64
on 11/16/09 10:27 am
Congratulations Kat!  Your day finally came!!  I'm glad that the surgery is over.  All that bruising will be worth it come next summer when you are sitting in that bathing suit.  How long did it take Dr S to mark you??

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
lizzybear
on 11/16/09 10:28 am - Olympia, WA
Wow - you sound really good for only a few days out from all that surgery!  Congratulations - it's going to be very exciting as you see your swelling go down and then suddenly you'll see a really cute shape showing up!!  Good luck - I hope things continue to go really well for you.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

katiekat412
on 11/16/09 10:47 am
I hope I see a cute shape! Right now I refer to myself as the marhsmallow!! Dr. S says swelling is usually worst around the third day, and then SLOWLY subsides over the following weeks to months. I might be on the upswing though because yesterday my face was so swollen my eyes were slanted; today, not as bad. I'll just consider that my temporary free face lift : )

susie64
on 11/16/09 10:52 am

What size and what kind of implant did you end up getting?

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/09 2:35 am - Haleiwa, HI
Katie,

If you look at my day 1 through 3 post op pictures, you can see my face is super swollen too! I could barely see out of my eyes!
Most Active