women only...can you please tell me im not the only one

jt2007
on 11/15/09 10:03 am - clarksville, TN
Ok,

I have lost 110 lbs. I never knew I had so many stretch marks and stretched out skin.
I am having a special problem in the downtown area, has anyone else had the issue of loose skin there?  Im afraid to go and get a wax now.
What kind of surgery fixes this...Please tell me that someone else has or had this issue and its fixable.
What is the precedure to fix this called?

Thank you for any feedback and sharing
EGSuzie
on 11/15/09 10:15 am - Elk Grove, CA
Fear not....you are not the only one with this issue.

I believe the procedure you are looking for to spruce up the girl parts is called a mons lift. If you are referring to the "further south" bits...vaginal rejuvenation might be what you are looking for.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

Mendee M.
on 11/15/09 10:16 am - Mulvane, KS
 Unbelievably, I don't have this issue. But I believe a Mons lift is the surgery that takes care of that. it is usually don in conjunction with a TT or LBL.
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
susie64
on 11/15/09 10:16 am
Yep, me too!  When my Dr asked me what some of my biggest concerns were, this was near the top of the list.  My Dr said he could take out quite a few of the stretch marks when he does the mons lift with the tummy tuck.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
jt2007
on 11/15/09 10:58 am - clarksville, TN
Thank you so much for the replies.
I m definitly going to do the mons thing.
Glad there is a name for it..lol didnt know there was.

Thank you so much for the replies.

I wonder if anyone has had this done and if the results were what they expected?

I know one lady (she was my diet nurse) that had the body lift but nothing done to the mons thing that I know of and she said her stuff had never been so high before.  I wonder if doing the mons thing would take care of the extra stretch that might go along with the body lift?

any thoughts or experiences?
Anjail
on 11/15/09 10:54 pm - Detroit, MI
Most surgeons will tighten that area (mons) with a tummy tuck. I had it done on 9/11/09 and glad my surgeon pulled it up. I mean it's right there front and center now. It was hidden under my old stomach. Must admit I had to get use to it being right there when I go to the bathroom but I tell you what my boyfriend absolutely love it. LOL!!!!!! You will love the results as long as your surgeon don't pull it up too high. I've heard some people say it was pulled to high an it now looks like they have two balls LOL!!! in their pants. Oh and another thing your pubic hair won't grow back like it did prior to surgery. Dunno if it's because they cut through your nerves or something but I use to have to have my bikini line all the time and now I really only have to do it about every two weeks. Yeah for that.!!!!!!!!!!!
DrL
on 11/15/09 11:01 am - Houston, TX
Not only a name for it, but photos too !

http://www.drlomonaco.com/houston-labiaplasty-surgery.shtml
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 5:52 pm
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 12:59 am - San Jose, CA
The pictures I can see (three cases) are all MONS lifts, but they are labeled labiaplasties.  Am I missing something?

I am scheduled for an LBL with Agha in two weeks.  I know he is going to do the mons lift (mine is not severe, but it IS a bit fluffy and deflated), but I was wondering (here where there are more people to see the answer -- I AM going to ask Agha about this too, of course) whether a mons lift actually automatically improves the sagging outer labia, in particular when performed in conjunction with a thigh lift?  Or does it always require additional incisions to shorten the labia?

It seems the last few pounds I lost came from places where a small amount of fat loss made a pretty significant change in how things look -- for example, the hollows of my cheeks (face, not butt!), which made me look more gaunt, and the plumpness of my labia, which now look deflated and "meat curtainish."  Agha decided to do autoaugmentation of my cheeks during my face lift to address the former, and I wonder how simple (and hopefully not painful!) the correction of the labial laxity will/could be.
DrL
on 11/16/09 2:56 am - Houston, TX

Hi Diana.  Yes, my bad.  I have yet to caption all the photos as I want to get them all up then go back in with the captions explaining the case. Uggh.  I hate webpage updates !

A mons lift will slightly pull the outer lips (labia majora) upward, and to a lesser degree the inner lips (labia minora).  If the minora are really long, or saggy, direct reduction is usually needed.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active