post-op TT, BL, and thigh lift swelling questions

Beth C.
on 11/15/09 8:04 am - Woodstock, MD
Wednesday I will be 3 weeks post-op from anchor cut TT, breast lift, and inner thigh lift. I am still having so much swelling. Can anyone give me an idea when it will get  a lot better. I am wearing compression garment but because I have lost fluid around my lower thighs but not my abdomen, I have to wrap my legs with ace wraps over the garment. I go back to MD tomorrow so I guess I will ask her more then. I am still sleeping in lift chair. Tried bed last night but only lasted for 3 hours. Thanks for any help!
Beth Clark

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 8:33 am - Haleiwa, HI
I am sorry to hear you are having so much swelling.  I am 5 weeks post op, and I had my worst swelling day yesterday,  I am hoping mine gets better soon too!

Jessica
Beth C.
on 11/15/09 8:38 am - Woodstock, MD
Thanks Jessica. I quess I still have a long way to go. Hopefully in another week I will be able to stand up straight. My back is sore from being hunched over some. I just wish to swelling would be better. I need to be more patient. Hope we both are swelling free some time soon! Good luck to you.
Beth Clark

lizzybear
on 11/15/09 8:45 am - Olympia, WA
I only had the tummy tuck and I'll be 3 weeks out this coming Wednesday, too.  I woke up a couple days ago so thrilled because I could see my rig cage and indents on both sides of my torso.  Then I started feeling like I was tighter in my binder last night, and ended up feeling like I was having muscle cramps in my whole abdomen and this morning I have lots of swelling again.  My doc said it can take 3-5 months for it to completely work itself out.  He said there will be days on end where you're not swollen, then all of a sudden you are again. 

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Melissa M.
on 11/15/09 9:44 am, edited 11/15/09 9:44 am - Seabrook, TX
I am 5 months out and I swell daily.  Not as bad as the first 2 and 3 months but I do swell.  I thought I had turned a corner a couple of weeks ago because my swelling was less at the end of the day than it had been.  Then this weekend I got so swollen and I don't know why.  I didn't drink as much water as I normally do but who knows if that had anything to do with it.  My docs told me that it could take 6 months to a year for it to go away.   I think a lot depends on the extent of your incisions and whether you had an anchor cut and how much lipo was done.  Lipo can cause swelling too.
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 5:56 pm
JazzysGirl
on 11/16/09 8:29 am - North, GA
HI- I had an extended TT 5 weeks ago and still swell up pretty badly.  My Doc told me it would be months before the swelling will go away and that I won't see my final results for 4 months. 

What helps me is to keep wearing the compression garment and the binder. 

Feel better and know that the swelling is normal.

Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

Most Active