Anyone have experience with Dr. Foley - PS in Olympia, WA

lizzybear
on 11/15/09 8:31 am - Olympia, WA
I just went through my first plastics journey.  Had extended abdominoplasty at Univ of Washington Plastic Surgery Residency Center.  Turned out really well so far.  But they only do one procedure at a time and my next surgery is going to be the arms and breast lift which I want done together to just have on more surgery and one more period of time off work.  I could have the UW do it, it would just have to be with one of their chief surgeon's rather than a resident and that makes the cost comparable with going elsewhere.

So, I'm wondering if anyone's had any consultations or experiences with Dr. Art Foley here in Olympia?  It would be nice if my next round - arms and boob lift - could be done here in town so that the surgery and follow-up care wouldn't be such a long drive.  

I cross posted on the Washington State site, too, but don't ever see too much talk of PS on there, so was hoping they were all posting here.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

BethinSeattle
on 11/15/09 4:52 pm - Federal Way, WA
Good luck with round 2.  I'm not had experience with Dr Foley.

All my plastics were done in Kirkland by Dr Gavin Dry.

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
lizzybear
on 11/16/09 10:17 am - Olympia, WA

So, what do you think of Dr. Dry?  The only WA State consultations I've had were with Dr. Egrari and at the UW Medical Plastics Residency Program.  Am hoping for some info on Dr. Foley since I live in Rochester and Olympia's so much closer for others to have to go with me to appointments or to the surgery.  But I'd also appreciate any info on others here in WA State. 

My husband was so totally against me having the RNY, but quietly sat by while I did it anyway because I told him it was my life I was trying to save.  Since I woke up from that surgery (he was sure I was going to die on the table), he's been super awesome through the whole 2 years so far in my journey and as far as PS his only request is that I stay in WA State if possible, but definitely not out of the country.  I'd love to have been able to go do Dr. Sauceda, but feel like I do not want my hubby uncomfortable with any of this, so I won't go against his only request.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

BethinSeattle
on 11/16/09 1:32 pm - Federal Way, WA
I loved Dr Dry.   I consulted with him, Egari and Patterson (all up north).  I was impressed off the bat with how much time he spent with me during my consult (which was free btw).  Rather than being shuffled around by nurses and seeing the doctor for just a few minutes, I spent almost an hour talking to him about my weightloss, my expectations with plastics, etc.  Then he told me what he felt he could do for me based on what I had told him.  He specializes in reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss.  

I've had 4 surgeries total with him.  My LBL was first (in hospital at Evergreen in Kirkland), then my brachioplasty, BL/BA, mymedial thigh lift, and finally had my upper eyelids done.  I've been very happy with the results of all of them and felt he was very attentive to my needs (and sometimes whining).

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
lizzybear
on 11/17/09 8:31 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks for the info.  Were his prices pretty comparable to the others?  Not that money's everything or I'd go back to UW and pay lots less money but have to have my arm lift and breast lift done in two separate surgeries, but it is a consideration to some extent.  I am willing to pay more to go somewhere else and be able to complete them in one surgery. Oh, I'd love to do the thighs, but doubt I'll ever be able to save enough for this next round, plus the legs.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/18/09 7:46 am
I checked out Dr Foley, but don't see enough experience with previously obese patients, and that's really important. UW had it, but I also want to combine surgeries.

I have a consult up north with Dr Dry as well, since his experience seems a better match with my needs.

If you end up going to Foley, I'd love to hear about the experience.
lizzybear
on 11/19/09 7:13 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks for the info.  You're right - I really think for us it's best to have someone with the weight loss type of experience since it's completely different than a small tuck here or there.  I think as I get closer to having the amount of money that I'm estimating I'll need based on Dr. Egrari's estimates for me (which will be awhile), then I'll get some consults with some other docs who have the weight loss patient experience.  I'm definitely going to check out Dr. Dry at that time.

Most Active