Reasons to go out of the country?

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 1:11 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
Hi everyone,
I have been reading a lot about Dr. Sauceda. I have a PS that I am very thrilled with here, but as I need more work done, I wonder about the less expense of going out of the country. So, I looked at Dr. Sauceda's website. His prices are pretty comparable to my PS. Yes, a tad less, but once you add in the airfare and passport, being away from the family, etc, it seems better to stay in the US.
What are your experiences with this?
Thanks!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/15/09 2:08 am
if your surgery is over $6K, he pays for airfare, he also pays for your hotel and 2 sets of compression garments.
what I like about him, is that he comes to your hotel everyday and checks on you personally, while he changes your dressings.  He will also allow you to stay as long as you need to at the Surgicenter.  IT's a surgicenter, not a hospital - meaning less chance of getting an infection - because it's a clean environment.  He also doesn't use general anesthesia and I really appreciate that.
I think there are benefits to having surgery with Dr. S.  The prices you see on his site are for each surgery as an individual procedure. If you combine procedures, the prices are much less.  ifvmommee had quite a few procedures - that if you had added up indivdually would have cost a lot more than the $14,600 that he charged her.
I think it is scary to go out of the country, but you have to figure out what is best for you.  I am having surgery with Dr. S in 2 weeks.  I'm very certain I've made a good decision.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

TammyGirl1
on 11/15/09 8:28 am - Oakley, CA

Hi-jack!!

Holy smokes...2 weeks. It is coming qick! It will be here before we know it.

Take care and see realllll soon.
Tammy

TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

terrijp
on 11/16/09 5:26 am
Dee,

It's so great to see you and it's awesome that you're having surgery.  I haven't seen you in a while since I left the main lap band forum.  I've only been following the band grads board, the Maryland Forum, and now the plastics.  I want to tell you that you look FANTASTIC!  And Happy.

I'm having plastics too...on December 11th.  Two procedures combined:  a circumferential body lift and a breast mastopexy.  I still have 20 pounds to lose if I really want to get to my initial goal, but my bariatric surgeon told me I'm ready.  My plastic surgeon said he expects to remove about 7 pounds of skin and tissue and that I could be down a bit more once swelling issues subside without even trying.  As long as I don't lose more than 17 pounds post op (not counting the skin already removed), my tightness, etc. will still be fine.  I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

When is your exact date?  I'll be thinking of you and hope you can post to let everyone know how you're doing.

Terri

LBL/BL 12/11/09; BL Revision, Quad Bleph 07/16/10. Larry H. Lickstein, M.D., F.A.C.S.

It's not how fast you go, but that you're moving in the right direction!

mjc123
on 11/16/09 8:50 am - Midlothian, VA
Can you pm me! I'd love to talk to you about Dr.S.

Mary

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

WildeWoman1
on 11/15/09 2:19 am

For me it is a variety of factors - cost being the first.

the PS I saw in Californai wants $ 16,000.00 for a TT & arm lift. Then I would have to pay the hospital $ 700.00 per night - and an anesthesiologist.

The PS in Costa Rica wants $ 7,000.00 - includes compression garments, medication, clinic fees, anesthesiologist, etc.

2 R/T air fare to Costa Rica (first class!!) is $ 2,000.00

14 days at a recovery care inn (all meals inlcuded) is $ 2,000.00

So I will be saving  OVER $ 5,000.00 BUT - the biggie for me is the recovery inn we are staying at has nurses 24/7 and all meals. This means hubby won't have to wipe me, change the sheets, cook for me, clean, medicate me or anything for 14 days. I like that idea - having some one care for me until I feel better. Sure - hubby would do it - but how nice to know he is relaxing & I am getting the attention I will need.

Here is where I am staying:

http://www.cheticaranch.com/

I am looking forward to it.

Linda

Bonnie M
on 11/15/09 3:04 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Care and excellence of surgeon is #1, then cost. 
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 3:53 am - Haleiwa, HI
My cost was considerably less, and I got a fantastic surgeon with that cost savings!  I had a lower body lift, breast lift with augmentation, small/medial thigh lift, and lipo with fat grafting to my butt.  I paid $14,000, and that included up to $600 for my flight reimbursement, clinic stay, hotel stay at the Hampton Inn, 2 sets of Veronique compression garments and 2 bras, medications, and transportation and and from the airport.  To get an accurate quote, you need to email him your pictures, and he will tell you what you think you need done.  He will then give you a price quote with that.

The passport was $100, and I spent less than $100 of my own money while I was in Monterrey.  I was in Monterrey for 9 days, but I did come home early because I was doing so well. 

You can check out my blog to find out more info on Dr S and Monterrey.  You will probably find more info than you really need!  www.livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com

Jessica
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 8:51 am - CA
omg! thats a great price, did he do all the procedures at the same time?
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 9:12 am - Haleiwa, HI
Yes, I had all of them at the same time.  He uses twilight sedation instead of general anesthesia, so he can operate a lot longer with a lot less risk.

Most Active