Build up your thigh muscle strength

M B.
on 11/13/09 11:22 pm - Warrensburg, MO
Just a tip -  I can say that I am glad I walked a lot and did wall sits to build up the strength in my quads before the TT.  It makes it so much easier to get up and down from the potty, etc. if you can use your leg strength!

Marilyn

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

portmaster1000
on 11/14/09 12:19 am - Hickory, NC
Great suggestion.  I've been working on squats to strengthen my legs for a while now.  Shooting to squat 150% of my body weight as my overall goal.  Currently at ~80% but looking to be around 100% just before my surgery on Dec 18.  Helps a lot with flexibility too.  Before taking on this goal, I couldn't even squat down with my hips parallel to my knees (no weights at all).  Now, I'm able to get below parallel with 155 pounds on my back.  Feels good to make progress! 

Mark
sonnieN
on 11/14/09 3:25 am - grand rapids, MI

Totally agree. I worked ou****rainer for 6 months prior to my LBL so made the recovery easier. Hated the squats, lunges and incline treadmill before but was sure thankful for it once I came home.

Sonya

lizzybear
on 11/14/09 7:33 am - Olympia, WA
Oh you are SO right Marilyn!  I was very happy I'd been working out prior to surgery and had good thigh and arm muscles.  Thighs for lifting up and off the potty and the arms to push myself up without having to use my abs! 

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active