TT questions

MistersMom65
on 11/13/09 2:04 am, edited 11/13/09 3:06 am - TN
ABOUT how long before the swelling in the tummy should go down? If you had wound seperation(Thats what my Dr called it) how long did it take it to heal? It's not where I'm having to pack it, I have about a 1 1/2 inch part of my incision that looks like it is spread wider,as if incision seperated , and it looks white and has a small amount of drainage.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Anjail
on 11/13/09 3:01 am - Detroit, MI
I'm two months out and I still swell. It comes and goes. My Dr said this will probably happen for up to a year. I had a small portion of my incision come open but it closed in about a week. It was so small though that you really couldn't even tell.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 10:28 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Swelling can last from 3-6 months (and for some it lasts even longer).  A lot depends on your overall health and how active you are.  Did you have any lipo at the time of surgery?  If so you will be more swollen and it will last longer than if you had not had any lipo.  I had no lipo with my tummy tuck and have had little to no swelling in my tummy.

Sorry I can't help with the wound separation....I've been very fortunate and did not have any of incision open up.  I'm hoping for the same with my procedure.   I'd call the surgeon if I were you and ask them what they think about the drainage.....

Best wishes!!
Ruth
M B.
on 11/13/09 10:37 pm - Warrensburg, MO

I think you are a ways ahead of me, I'm at day 2 and of course still very swollen.  I have not really even seen my incisions yet - just briefly yesterday when doc changed bandages.  He said to just keep everything on so I have not been brave enough to open the binder and peek!

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Most Active