BREAT LIST

shoegirl1023
on 11/13/09 10:24 pm - Solon, OH
Hi,

I just had a breast lift done along with a tummy tuck revision a week ago and am doing great. I was just wondering how long should I keep wearing the support bra for, that they gave me?

Looking forward to some feeback.

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

BarbD
on 11/13/09 11:36 pm - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
Hi,
I had a breast life (no aug.) 4 weeks ago and I'm still wearing the sports/support bra 24/7. My decision.   I feel better with it on.
My doctor's written post op instructions were:  wear the bra 24/7 for two weeks; then it's okay to sleep without it.  To go braless during the daytime, wait till 4-6 weeks post op.
All doctors are different so I suggest you call YOUR doctor's office for his instructions.
I was thrilled when I had the brachioplasty but the breast lift is #1.  Good luck with your healing.
Barb

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/09 3:53 am - Haleiwa, HI
I had a breast lift with over the muscle implants, and I am 5 weeks post op.  My instructions were to wear the support garment for 3 weeks, then I could switch to a sports bra for 3 weeks or wear the support garment, and then move to a regular bra at the 6 week mark.  He said I could go without the bra at night if I wanted to after the 2 week mark.

I would definitely ask  your Dr because I am pretty sure it depends on the patient.  Another lady that had surgery about the same time as me had different instructions than I did, and the only difference was that her implants were under the muscle.

Good luck!

Jessica
Most Active