I'm home.

M B.
on 11/13/09 7:53 am - Warrensburg, MO
Thursday 9 am I arrived at Lee's Summit Medical Center, after finishing with registration I headed to surgery prep.  By 10:45 Dr. Chhatre arrived and did all the marking on my stomach.  I was so excited and had a bit of a nervous tummy.  They gave me the relaxing stuff and then rolled me into the operating room.  I remember they had me get on the bed and then secured my arms - that is the last thing I remember until waking up in recovery. 

The surgery lasted for about 4 hours.  Dr. Chhatre removed almost 9 pounds - I was very surprised by that - but pleased!

I was in my room by 5 pm and feeling fine because of the pain medication.  I rested well through out the night.  I've had some painful times today, but can usually get relief within 20 minutes of taking the percocet.  He also prescribed a muscle relaxant that I'm alternating with the percocet.    Hubby brought me home around 3 pm and it's so much better to be home!  I'm basically propped up in the bed (we don't have a recliner) with a pillow under my legs.  Getting up and walking a bit each hour and of course peeing like crazy.  I have been drinking tons of water plus they kept me very hydrated.  Hubby made an awesome chicken salad on crackers for dinner.  I'm not really hungry, but ate 3 - they are very good!

I got to see the incisions for a quick second when the doc changed the dressing this morning.  I look sorta smaller, but very swollen.  It feels like a tight balloon.  I'm not sure just want to think yet.  But you gotta know that 9 pounds off your stomach area has to be a big change.   

Overall I'm pleased with my recovery so far!!! Can't wait for more evidence of a flat stomach

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Lisa0719
on 11/13/09 8:12 am - PA
congratulations, remember to get lots of protein to help with healing.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

M B.
on 11/13/09 8:34 am - Warrensburg, MO
thanks for the reminder I will focus on protein, but I am hoping to take advantage of the loss of appeite to drop a few more pounds 

Marilyn  
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"

EGSuzie
on 11/13/09 9:32 am - Elk Grove, CA
It's fantastic to hear your surgery went well, Marilyn. And a big WOW on 9 pounds of skin removed! That is going to make a huge difference in your waistline, I'm sure.

Take care of yourself and keep up on the meds and protein...and of course, the walking and water, too!

~Suz

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

lizzybear
on 11/13/09 9:34 am - Olympia, WA
Congratulations on being through it.  Yep, focus on protein and water - that's what my doc told me.  I alternated water and protein drinks cuz I couldn't handle the texture of solid food for some reason. 

You're like me - I don't feel so alone now - being so swollen and waiting to see evidence of the flat tummy!  LOL - I told my mom and husband I felt like I instantly became 9 months pregnant (and had the little basketball tummy in the front to go along with it.  Now I'm down to about a half a soccer ball!  The flat tummy will arrive soon I hope.

I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 4:13 pm
M B.
on 11/13/09 10:33 pm - Warrensburg, MO
I appreciate it!  I had forgotten to bring my vitamins in to my bed side.  Will ring for the butler now :) 

Marilyn  
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 6:38 pm
Most Active