Thigh Lift

JSIL
on 11/12/09 1:37 pm

I know some have problems with the medial thigh lift, and others do not. My question is where exactly are the incisions?? Are these really noticeable in a bathing suit? Will these stretch in the future, with age? Also, does this help just your inner thighs or the entire appearance? Is this area prone to easier infection? I plan on tt, no muscle tightening, a bl, no aug, and medial thigh lift, can these be done together? Sorry, just so curious about how long off work, etc?? Any help would be fantastic.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 3:05 pm - Haleiwa, HI
HI!  I had the medial thigh lift along with LBL, BL/BA, and Lipo with fat grafting all at the same time.  My incision go from the top of the mons area in the groing and wraps all the way around to underneath and stops between the start and middle of my butt.  My incisions can only be seen in the front of one of my bikinis.  They are not noticeable in any of them from the back.  

I cannot help you about the work thing since I am a stay at home mom, but I am 5 weeks post op and feeling about 95% normal.  I am pretty beat by the end of the day, but feel completely normal during the rest of the day. 

Jessica
JSIL
on 11/13/09 1:59 am
So, the incisions start at the line of your lbl and then extend down to the creases in your inner thighs to the back? Is that right?? Have you have any opening spots, is it hard to keep clean? Thanks for everything and you look fantastic!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 2:42 am - Haleiwa, HI
The incision actually starts about 1/2 inch before my LBL.  It doesn't connect so it wouldn't have a chance to pull right there.  The rest is correct.  I have not had 1 open spot or even any oozing from the incision. It is completely closed now, and I can barely even feel where the incision is now.  When I am laying on my back it falls exactly in the crease .  It hasn't been hard to keep clean at all, but Dr S starts to allow showering 1 day post op.  I have not had 1 issue or problem with the recovery of my thigh lift.

You are welcome and thank you !

Jessica
Renee2007
on 11/13/09 2:45 am - Central, FL
Here's a picture that shows the placement of where my incisions are. My incisions in the groin area curl up and back slightly into my butt cheeks, they are not visible from the back. Only if I bend over and spread my legs wide do I see them.  The extent of your scar depends on your amount of redundant tissue and your surgeon's approach. I would ask in advance exactly what his plans are.

The area of my incision that has been the toughest to heal is the junction where 3 points of tissue meet at the top of the thigh and into the groin area. That's where most of your tension is. That area is stressed when you walk or bend to sit or any type of stretching like getting out of a car. It's healing just fine but it's had more of a little scab area like a scraped knee. The compression garments can feel like they are irritating that area as well.  I've just made sure that I wipe that area with a wet ones on each bathroom trip and I keep neosporin on it and it's helping it to heal just fine. I've not had anything "open" up. Just be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and don't hesitate to ask him exactly what his approach is concerning your particular surgery.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

JSIL
on 11/13/09 2:54 am
Thanks Renee, that is so interesting. I did not realize the scars were that far up. I am for sure having this done. I want to have better looking thighs to match my new tummy and 18 year old boobs! Thanks again!

Most Active