Has anyone not gotten an Anchor Cut & wish they had? Updated W/Pic

Leah H.
on 11/13/09 4:04 am, edited 11/14/09 12:34 am - TX
Now I am leaning towards an anchor. I have a lot of skin both horizontally and vertically. I don't want to go through this and still have a muffin top or side pouches. What do you think?

I am almost 42 and already have a scar from an open gallbladder sugery from 1987 across my abdomen. I don't think I would be wearing a 2 piece swim suit much.

What is your input? Edited to add I have spoken to two PS thus far I am just looking for personal feedback. Thanks.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

mac1
on 11/13/09 4:49 am - Christiansburg, VA
Well I haven't had my surgery yet.  It is scheduled in February, but my PS is going to do a horizontal cut for TT and a vertical cut for the extra skin/fat above my belly button.  I'm not sure if he called it an anchor cut but I'm assuming that's what you're talking about.  He said in order to get the best results, I would need both cuts.  I did take a look at your picture and you are pretty similar to me.  We have "extra" above the belly button, so I think it would be beneficial.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to do this again, so I want the best results I can get.  
Best of luck to you and congrats on your weight loss!
Marsha

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

Leah H.
on 11/13/09 8:39 am - TX
I definitely can't do it again! Thanks.

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 11/13/09 6:20 am
Have you seen my before and afters?  The ones i have on my profile are of me post panniculectomy and after my anchor cut.

PSWD is Love2009 - I think the pics speak for themselves.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Leah H.
on 11/13/09 8:39 am - TX
They say unavailable but I'll keep trying. I know Jessica didn't have an anchor and looks amazing but I think my skin needs the anchor. I will never do just the panni removal. That won't solve the upper at all.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 4:28 pm
trishy
on 11/13/09 10:12 pm

I haven't looked at your profile yet.. I had my anchor cut TT just a little over a week ago.  At first I had a bit of buyers remorse because why did I need to go to that extreme...??? But more and more I am realizing that the vertical scarring compared to the apron or possible extra fat that would have remained would have ticked me off later on down the road. TT is not an easy surgery in my opinion and if your going to do it best to make it worth it!!! Good Luck!!

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

BigCityGirl
on 11/13/09 11:39 pm - San Diego, CA
I went on five consults and not one surgeon recommended an anchor cut for me.  I think this is a determination that your surgeon can best decide based on how much excess skin you have on your abdomen.  I'm very happy with my LBL, have no muffin top and so glad I don't have the scar.  I think the important thing is to to go on several consults and then go with the consensus of professional opinion. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Leah H.
on 11/14/09 2:52 am - TX
Its harder for me going on consults as there is only one PS here who is VERY expensive and can't see me before February. Possibily sooner but that's not definite. Plus she would be at least $13K for a tummy tuck and breast lift. For me I can't afford that. We are cash pay and we will not finance. So around $10 is my max.

I have talked to two doctors about my pictures. My case is more complicated because I have had an abdominal surgery so that scar could present problems with blood flow.

Most Active