Swelling question for women

dalybenitez27
on 11/12/09 11:34 pm, edited 11/12/09 11:54 pm - Orlando, FL
This is kind of an embarassing question but before I make a 2 hour trip I need to know if this is normal.  I had a tummy tuck on 10-21.  I had my drains removed 2 weeks later, well now I am experiencing swelling which I know is normal, BUT what I am concerned about is that I have MAJOR swelling of the mons area.  It is so big it looks like I have a softball down there.  Is this normal, I'm starting to get worried???
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 12:06 am

Congratulations on your surgery and new body.  To answer your question, yes swelling of the mons area is very normal.  I had my tt on August 24, 2009 and my husband stated I looked like I had balls in my pants because my mons area was so swollen.  I promise you, the swelling will go away eventually.

Good luck and get plenty of rest!

dalybenitez27
on 11/13/09 12:17 am - Orlando, FL
Oh, thank God, thanks so much, that's EXACTLY how I feel mine looks like.  Thanks for responding!
MistersMom65
on 11/13/09 1:58 am - TN
Echoing Congrats!! And yes, i'm seeing ALOT of others posting about their "Ken" LOL which is because the swelling makes our mons look like that SMOOTH FAT Ken doll genital area. My TT was 3 weeks ago & I'm still seeing swelling, especially where he lipoed...

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

MistersMom65
on 11/13/09 1:59 am - TN
HEY...We are TT sisters! I had mine done also on Oct. 21st!!!

dalybenitez27
on 11/13/09 2:35 am - Orlando, FL
Oh how cool, how's your recovery coming along??
MistersMom65
on 11/13/09 3:12 am - TN
Still swollen which seems to get worse through the day but "This too shall pass" is what I seem to hear here! LOL  My mons is one of my FAVORITE improvements. I got my before pix from my Dr two days ago (I asked) and I was HORRIFIED by what my stomach and Mons looked like. I looked...just like a KEN doll (My Mons). Even with the swelling I can already wear a little thong (never have been able to before). I DON'T wear it yet but I COULD. I had that hated "side panty spillage". I've had a small wound seperation on my right side but that is healing very well. What about you? Happy?

dalybenitez27
on 11/13/09 3:26 am - Orlando, FL
LOL, I would never wear a thong!!!  It would feel too weird.  Happy, but anxious for the healing to be over wih.  The binder that the hospital gave me sucks and it rides up.  I ordered one online and got it yesterday only to have it not fit.  That's been the worst, not having something comfortable to help with recovery.  It bunches up no matter what I do.
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 10:24 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Swelling is normal. After my TT I had most (almost all) of my swelling in my thighs.
I have read posts from many women who say their mons get very swollen and angry looking!  FYI - it can swell bad especially because there are normally 3 incisions surrounding it....on top from the tummy tuck and along the sides (groin area by the thighs).....so with all these incisions it impacts the blood flow and causes more swelling.
Hope that helps....
Ruth

PS- I found wearing a compression garment helped reduce the swelling in my legs....I also put an ice pack on my tummy after doing exercise if I get a little puffy....the ice pack might help you but I 'd suggest you call your surgeon to ask if they think it's a good idea.
dalybenitez27
on 11/15/09 9:40 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks Ruth and Jodi for your responses.

Ruth,  is there a compression garment that you would recommend? I bought one on the internet and it was a big waste of money, at least I can return it.
Most Active