Got approved for br reduction..but bad news is...

susie64
on 11/12/09 9:36 am
I was so excited when I got the message that I got approved by my insurance for a breast reduction.  I'm a 36G and I am so saggy.  Then I went for my 2nd consult with a Dr that I really like - he asked what my concerns were and I told him I'm afraid I won't have enough tissue to end up at a C cup.  After his exam he said he just didn't think I had enough breast tissue left to be a C.   I am mostly skin and little glandular tissue.   He even left the room and then came back  and did the exam again.  Then his asst called my insurance and found out that I was approved to have 500 gr removed from each breast.   He said he doesn't even think I have 400 gr to be removed - let alone 500 gr.  If I don't have enough tissue then the insurance will deny and come back and make me pay the $11,000+ fee.  The Dr thinks realistically I would be a small B.

I was excited for just a few minutes today and then reality set in.  UGH!!  I just don't think I can do it if I'm going to be a B cup. 

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Mendee M.
on 11/12/09 11:05 am - Mulvane, KS
 Susie,

I can definitely relate!! I am a 36DD right now. My local PS, who I was considering, said I would most likely be a B, and I would have to wait 6 month to have implants done. The thought of being a B was shocking. I have been large breasted since I was 11, and can't imagine being smaller than I am now. Besides, I have very broad shoulders, and my DD's don't look that big now. PLUS, I would have to pay for 2 surgeries!! I have opted to go out of the country and have my lift / augmentation done at the same time.

~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Pura Vida
on 11/12/09 11:05 am - Costa Rica
can you let the doctor do the 500gr removal and then pay the extra for implants?

JSIL
on 11/12/09 1:40 pm
My thought would be take 500 exactly out and then have implants? Could that work?? I know I am having my lift done and if I want implants I can have them done at the same time.

AbidinginHIM
on 11/12/09 4:21 pm - Ontario, CA
I was able to get around this due the rashes that I was having under my breasts.  At first, I was offered a breast reduction by my HMO's plastic surgeon. They felt I would end up a small B from 36F - I asked for another opinion and another plastic surgeon suggested a breast lift with auto aumentation.  That's what I had done and now I'm a 34 full C small D, and no sag.  Just a thought about asking for a medically covered lift instead of a reduction since you don't have that much breast tissue left only skin.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
dec721
on 11/12/09 8:17 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I had a breast reduction in 2003 following a weight loss (which I of course gained back, ha!).  Went from an F to a C.  Lovely.  Now, after losing 115 pounds, my cute little C's are shriveled up little skin bags that barely fill a B cup.  You know what?  I LOVE it!!!  I carried around those giant bazooms for so many years that it is absolutely delightful to be so small.  Now I'm not at all trying to talk you into ending up flat-chested.  After all, I'm 56, a little bitty ol' gal, not married and in no relationship, and I'm not trying to look gorgeous and sexy for anyone :-)  I just want to be comfortable in my body for the first time in 30+ years.  And by golly I am!  So best wishes on your decision; I'm sure you will find an answer that is right for you, do it, and never look back!  Take care :-)        --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

susie64
on 11/12/09 9:01 pm
Dorothy I loved your post!  It made me smile.  I used to think I would love to be a B cup.  I am a 36g right now but I feel like a C cup.  Weird.  I do want to lose some tissue, I just don't think I want to lose that much.  I would be happy as a C cup - that is what my daughters are right now and I think they look great.  I used to be a small D when I was young and skinny. 

I am going to give some serious thought to this.  I do have some money put away for plastics but my #1 priority is to get a tummy tuck.  If I pay for the breast lift on my own then that wouldn't leave any money for the TT.  However I can go to Dr S and have both the breast and tummy done for less than the price of a TT here.  That may be my best option.  I don't have a problem with him as a surgeon but I am scared about the follow up care.  So we'll see.  I have plenty of time to make sure I'm doing what is best for me.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Panda ..
on 11/13/09 4:36 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 4:43 pm
Most Active