Weight after PS

chickster522
on 11/11/09 1:36 am
Hi all,

I am 4.5 weeks out from LBL, BL/BA, arms, on the day of surgery I weighed 155, when I got home from Mexico I weighed 174. The first week home I lost down to 160...this last week I've lost 1-2 lbs a day, this morning I weighed 153. I am eating very well...at least 120 grams of protein, I am not counting calories or carbs.

Is this normal?  Should I add more food to my day or just let this play out?

Thanks for all your input,

Debbie
GorgeousIsa
on 11/11/09 1:49 am - Philly-delphia, PA
FYI: You look amazing...I have not had ps as of yet b ut from reading on the forums you do pick up weight because of retention/swelling and it usually levels out...I am sure those who have the firsthand experience will chime in as well.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
chickster522
on 11/11/09 2:06 am
Thanks. I had major swelling...not it just seems to be in the evening.

Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 3:43 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hey Deb!  The weight thing is driving me crazy too!  Since you had 9 lbs taken off, I would think you will have to take that weight into account as well.  I was 160 when I got to Mexico, was 157 when I got home even with all the swelling, have gone up and down from 165 to 157 since then.  So ready for it to stabilize!

Jessica
chickster522
on 11/11/09 3:50 am
Jess,

I hear what you're saying....but remember I'm old and if I lose too much my face will look awful on top of my new wonderful body....the new girls deserve more than an old skinny face looking down at them...lol

Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 9:27 am
You crack me up Deb I can't wait to see what I weigh when I get home! All I know is my snug fitting size 8 jeans that I wore down here a week ago are loose on me now.  So I'm confused cause I brought all larger size clothes with me, I gotta find a scale somewhere...

Fab
chickster522
on 11/11/09 9:43 am
Hey girlfriend, I gained almost 20 lbs in Mexico just in swelling...I went to Mexico in a size 6 jeans and came home in 14/16 yoga pants. Whatever you are doing it must be working.

I'm so happy you are doing so well....where are the pics?  LOL

Debbie
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/12/09 3:07 am

Are you actually able to wear jeans?  I was thinking I'd take large, ugly - stretchy pants for my post op time.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

chickster522
on 11/12/09 3:43 am
Everyone is different, but there is no way I could have worn my jeans....for one thing I couldn't have got them on because of all the swelling....and they would have been uncomfortable on my incisions.

I wore workout pants, and yoga pants for the two weeks I was down there...comfort was most important to me.

Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 11:39 am
 I just tried on the jeans that I wore down here on the plane,  just to get an idea & see what the LBL did I never actually expected them to even fit me. But all I brought were yoga pants to wear post-op.
Most Active