Incisions of small inner thigh lift: visible??

Amarylis
on 11/12/09 12:58 am - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
One of the procedures I am considering is a small inner thigh lift. What is your experience in terms of incisions???

One PS in Belgium told me they can get infected easily due to their location...

Also, are they easy to hide in a swimming suit. Living in México I go often to the beach, and scared that they could me too visible...

BigCityGirl
on 11/12/09 1:23 am - San Diego, CA

You might want to ask if the scars migrate south with gravity. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 3:20 am - Haleiwa, HI
Amarylis,

It depends on which bikini I am wearing, and we live in them here in Hawaii.  I  can see the incision bottom pubic area only in one of my suits, but I cannot see any of the incisions from the back even if I am naked.  He tries to get it as close in as he can, but there are reasons that he cannot do that as well.  My thigh incisions have not given me one problem at all! 

Jessica
willfeelsogood
on 11/14/09 6:24 am
Hi there, I have been following your PS journey &  am 90% sure I will use Dr. S.
But a question on the mini TL...did he say why he could not go up futher in the groin area?
I have not seen them that low before.
You look fantastic, by the way!
TIA
DrL
on 11/14/09 3:32 am - Houston, TX
Thigh lift scars are placed in an area of very thin skin, that is generally poorly supported by underlying tissues.  So as Big City points out, the real problem with them is downward migration or "falling" of the scar over time.

The orginal "short scar" thigh lift is a good operation for patients with just a little bit of excess skin.  If the short scar is applied to a patient with too much skin, or if technical details of the surgery are not followed, the scar can "fall" out of the bikini line after a few months.

Everybody wants the shorter scar, but if there are more than a few inches of excess skin, it is not the best operation.

Here are a few of mine...
http://www.drlomonaco.com/houston-thigh-lift.shtml

In the more severe cases, it's harder to hide the scar and I am upfront with patients about this.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active