Embarrasing Question about TT and Mons

mac1
on 11/10/09 9:41 pm - Christiansburg, VA

Ok, I'm a little embarrassed to ask this, but the surgeon said when he does the TT he will also lift the mons area.  Why do they do this and do they also remove some of the fat from the mons?  Just curious.  Can you tell me your experience? Thank you!

Marsha  

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/10/09 10:23 pm
Does your mons area not hang down?  Most people who need a TT tuck also need their mons lifted.  If a doctor doesn't lift your mons area and it needs it, you will look very bad.  Maybe you don't have that issue, but most others do.  I know of a woman who had a TT and her doctor didn't lift hers.  He said, she didn't ask him to - she now looks like she has 'male parts' down there.  It's very sad. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 11:04 pm
MistersMom65
on 11/11/09 6:41 am - TN
LMAO...Jodi I HEAR you. I'm having the same issue. I have to remember "Panties with fur collar".

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 12:44 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 11:54 pm - Philly, PA and New Windsor, NY
If the surgeon mentioned it I am assuming he thinks you would benefit from it.. From reading the responses, I am guessing it is pretty common.  My surgeon didn't mention it to me at all, but I don't have any issues in that area, so I guess that makes sense...
Lynne R.
on 11/11/09 12:10 am - Houston, TX
Somehow this was not done when I had mine - don't know why, as Dr. L usually does it. I wish I had it done. Mine isn't large but it's an extra blob of fat that would look and feel better if it were lifted. If I wear pants that are at all tight it bulges out.

Supposedly it also helps in intimate relations but since I've been celibate :::sigh::: for a zillion years, I wouldn't know.

Lynne

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 12:22 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Trust your surgeon....you'll be glad you did!
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 12:53 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
I had mine lifted and I believe he lipo'd it. It hung down really bad. I am so glad I had it lifted! You will be too!
sonnieN
on 11/11/09 1:24 am - grand rapids, MI
I had mine lifted and he did take out the extra fat there as well. So happy w/ the results.
Most Active