Had scars revised?

Jupiter6
on 11/11/09 11:07 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm having the central scar on my chest and the scar of the right side of my breast moved a little so they sit more squarely. Surgery is Friday.

I'm also moving two weeks from today and need to pack.

If you have had scars revised, were you feeling up to snuff pretty quickly? I don't have to lug big boxes, but I do have to pack. And I will have to do a 5 hour drive home, alone, 48 hours after the revision.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

BigCityGirl
on 11/11/09 1:07 pm - San Diego, CA
I had a revision on my brachioplasty scar.  Driving would have been no problem, lifting and reaching might have been a bit much for me.    I would say as long as the revised areas are not in an area that would pull or get stressed with these activities, you're probably okay.  The pain is nothing. 

Just keep in mind that these revisions take a long time to heal - both from the actual healing and fading.  It's been over a year since my arm revision and the fading is very, very slow. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active