starting the process

hazmat11
on 11/11/09 1:38 am
 I saw a surgeon last week and he was not a good fit for me so Monday I see another one. I have so many areas to fix and do not know where to start. My question is should I do my thighs before my tummy? I am planning a trip in May and want to wear a bathing suit. My thighs are bad. I can hide the tummy somewhat. I was  a pear shape before so there is lots of extra skin and at my age it is not gonna shrink. My face  has aged twenty years so it needs attention too. I have no boobs just lots of hanging skin and flabby arms.My butt has wrinkles and is now flat as a pancake except for ripples of skin.
Where do I start? I need the biggest bang I can get for my money because there isn't a lot of money to spend. Any advice is appreciated.
Susie

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 4:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
The think I heard most when I asked the same question was "do what bothers you the most".

Now..having said that....there are some things that I think are best done in a particular order.  Like...it makes sense to me to do the inner thighs last (even though I wanted to start there) because if you do it after the lbl you'll know where your butt and outer thighs end up.  If you do the inner thighs first you might not be able to pull the outer thighs as much.  Know what I mean??

BUT, I do know of people who did the inner thighs at the same time as the tummy tuck and they are very happy.  I thought about doing that too.

Arms can be combined with almost any other procedure but I would recommend you don't do it with the tummy tuck because you need your arms to get you up since you cannot use your stomach muscles.  You could do the breasts and arms together usually with no problem.

You have lots to think about.  Talk to your surgeon...get his/her input.
Best wishes on your journey

Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 6:15 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi !  I did all my procedures at once, and I am so glad I did!  I had a lower body lift, breast lift with silicone implants, small/medial thigh lift, and lipo to my tummy, back, sides, hips, and outer thighs with fat transferred to my butt.  I went to Dr Sauceda in Monterrey, Mex, and I paid $14,000 for everything including up to $600 for my flight,  clinic stay, hotel stay, transportation to and from airport (Dr S picked me up himself), and 2 sets of compression garments.  I also spent less than $100 of my own money while staying in Monterrey.  I have a ton of info about my trip on my blog if you are interested.  www.livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com .  I traveled from Hawaii to Monterrey , and I went alone.  I did meet 2 other OH members while I was there, and it was great to have company.

Good luck on your search for the right plastic surgeon for you!

Jessica
MistersMom65
on 11/11/09 6:37 am - TN
Everyone has something different that bothers the... I started with my face because I could partually hide what my clothes would cover but my FACE looked 15 years older. I worried more about what I had to see even when I was dressed. You can see my before & after face pix on my profile. I also had a breast lift done at the same time.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 11:14 pm
Redhaired
on 11/12/09 11:56 am - Mouseville, FL
Your surgeon will help you decide the order to get things done, but he will be looking to you to tell him what bothers you the most.  Also, will you be using (or trying) to get insurance approval for any of your procedures?  That may make a difference too.  If you have insurance I think it is always a good idea to at least try to get approval.  Many have been pleasantly surprised to learn that insurance would at least cover some of the cost. 

As for me I think the procedure that has made the biggest difference in my appearance has been the TT.  Also the TT effected how it feels to live in this body more than any of the other procedures.

Red

Most Active