NOW, I'm considering Dr S.

portmaster1000
on 11/10/09 5:21 am - Hickory, NC
So I started reading these boards at the advice of my plastic surgeon and now I'm wondering if I should be going to Mexico to have my procedures done.  The price difference is amazing.

I have the money to pay for it locally but I'm a frugal one by nature and can think of a hundred different things to use the cost savings toward.  I really like the surgeon here and he's got 10 years of expertise in PS after massive weight loss.  The before and after pics of his work are wonderful.

Should I at least contact Dr S and see what he has to say?

thanx
Mark
chickster522
on 11/10/09 5:46 am
Mark,

I'm a Dr.S patient, check out my profile for before and after pics. What have you got to lose?  Send him an email, he answers all of his emails himself.

Debbie
Panda ..
on 11/10/09 8:22 am
chickster522
on 11/10/09 8:24 am
Thanks, I am so happy with the results.
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 6:19 am - Haleiwa, HI
Mark,

This is a decision that you will have to make and what your gut is telling you to do.  I don't see anything wrong with being frugal, especially right now.  I am almost 5 weeks post op , and I am very happy with my results.  You might want to talk to Tony (shscharger) since he is a guy that went to Dr Sauceda and has lost over 200 lbs.  He was there are the same time Debbie and I were. 

Not only is the price great, but you are getting an excellent surgeon that has proven he does great work on massive weight loss patients.  The care that is received is far above and beyond any care that I have ever had before!

You have nothing to lose by contacting Dr Sauceda.  He is usually very prompt on ansering emails, and he answers them all personally.

Good luck on your search!

Jessica
shscharger
on 11/10/09 7:19 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Hey Mark

If you will PM me your phone number , I will be glad to call you and tell you anything you want to know .  And I have nothing but good things to say about Dr S and his wife !!

Or you are not OK with the phone call -- just ask away because most of his patients are ladies !!

Good Luck
Tony
Jody ***
on 11/10/09 7:28 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Mark - I'm going through the same thought process right now.  I got on here with NO intention of going to Mexico to have surgery, but the more I read about Dr S and looking at his prices (and before/after pics) I'm seriously considering it now.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal - I too could pay for the PS here, but why pay it if you can get a great surgeon and job done elsewhere? 

My only concern (and someone chime in here if they want) is about the flight home.  After surgery there is always the concern about blood clots, and I'd be flying for 8+ hours - I'm wondering how easy/hard that will be.  Since probably many of the people here flew in and out of MX, perhaps they can give me some insight?

I emailed him yesterday and am anxiously awaiting a response....

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

chickster522
on 11/10/09 7:44 am
Jody,

I went to Brazil for my DS and I can honestly say the flight home was pure hell, actually that flight is one of the reasons why I didn't go back to Brazil for my plastics.

My flight home from Mexico was very doable, I had a wheelchair the entire way of course. My main issue by the time I got home was swelling.

Debbie
Jody ***
on 11/10/09 7:52 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Thanks for the info - that was one of my main concerns.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

shscharger
on 11/10/09 7:51 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Jody

No real problems . Just do yourself a favor if you do fly away  -- ask for a wheelchair !!

Good Luck
Tony
Most Active