Bras - Front hook or Back hook with Brachioplasty?

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/6/09 6:21 am
I am having my TT and Brachioplasty in 26 days.  I was wondering if those of you who had the Brachioplasty had problems getting your bra on.  I'll be alone for much of the time I'm in Mexico and since my girls have gone south for the winter, fall, spring and summer AND they aren't getting a lift yet - I need to wear a bra at all times.  Was it or would it be easier to wear a front hook bra?  I can't imagine reaching behind my back to latch my bra after a brachioplasty.
What should I do?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

michelle1123
on 11/6/09 7:41 am - San Francisco, CA

Good question!  I would definitely suggest a front-hook bra, as the movement in your  arms will be minimal.

Michelle

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/6/09 7:42 am
Thanks Michelle!  That would make sense to me too!  I don't own any front-hook bras, so I better get some!

Soaplady
on 11/6/09 8:41 am - Guilford, NY
Or, you could revert to the teenage thing and hook it in front and slip it around to the aback.
But after a brach, it may be difficult to slip your arms into the armholes. I would go for the fronthook type. They are my faves, anyway!!

Good luck, Hunny!

Soapy
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/6/09 12:03 pm
I've actually never done that.  I used to watch my roommate in college do that and think that's tricky!  I was born with big boobage!  In high school I weighed in the 140's and had 36DDD's.  Now they are just flat and low riders!  I am going to go to Kohl's and get some front-hook bras.

Soaplady
on 11/6/09 8:07 pm - Guilford, NY
Thats funny...in highschool, I was in the 160's (or higher) and wore an A-minus! When I got real big in 1999, they became C's and now I am a b-flat. That is why I am going to Dr S.

Good luck finding just the right bra!

Soapy
workingmommy
on 11/6/09 10:13 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I agree..front would be better.  I did not have one and had to have help putting my bra on for a few weeks.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/6/09 12:04 pm
Unfortunately, I won't have help once I get to the hotel and I am quite self conscious about the girls!  After my lap band surgery, I made my friend help me put mine on... I work at the hospital and said, I am not being wheeled out of that building with my girls free!

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 10:19 am, edited 11/6/09 10:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Front for sure would be easier but I did wear ones that closed in the back.  I think it was by about day 10 I didn't need any help with getting it on and off. 
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/6/09 12:05 pm
Thanks Moosie!
Day 10 - okay, so I should probably buy a few.

Most Active