How will I feel at 6 weeks?

Chris D
on 11/6/09 1:40 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I am scheduled for LBL, BL/BA and Medial Thigh lift on December 15th.  My boyfriend asked me this evening if I would like to go to Vegas with him the first week of February.  Can anyone tell me what I will be able to do at that point?    It is really hard to say no to him because we are long distance and it will be the first time I see him after surgery and in over 2 months.  But I don't want to be a party pooper if I can't do much. 

Chris

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 10:21 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Of course everyone is different but with every surgery I've had week 6 is the "magic" week for me.  I'm so much better on week 6 than at week 4 or 5..  Weird but I've noticed it again after the tummy tuck.
Just keep in mind you are still very limited as to what you can do at week 6.  You won't be able to stay out and up all night...you'll get tired easily.  You would probably be able to go for walks up and down the strip
Personally I would go but realize you'll have to take it easy and hey, there is nothing wrong with spending your time relaxing on the balcony.
Be very careful with the sun...you can destroy your incisions in the sun....make sure they have plenty of sunblock on them.
HAVE FUN!
Ruth
workingmommy
on 11/8/09 12:09 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
As long as you take great care of yourself early on, and barring any complications, you should be fine.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

L N.
on 11/9/09 1:43 am - , CA
 I agree that at week 6 you will at least be able to go...I had everything you had except the med thigh lift which I think is harder that the LBL and BL....I am 53 and was about 80% at 6 weeks and everyday after that point just keeps getting better....Good luck

LN

Most Active