Saw Diana Cox-she's 5 days out from Brachio & FaceLift

slowgoing
on 11/6/09 1:20 am - CA
Hi everyone:

Just to update, I went to Dr. Agha deliberately early for an appt. I have in order to see/meet Diana since she was having a follow-up with him.  He did her surgery on Sunday (yes, isn't that unusual).  She already looks great - even with all the ace bandages!  You could already really see those much slimmer arms and some cheeks peeking out from underneath those wrappings.  Her darling husband showed me a phone pic he took of her profile when the bandage was removed from her face and OH!, what a lovely neckline - no more "stuff" under that chin.  I can't wait!!  I'm tentatively scheduled for 12/2 myself for the same surgeries.  She's was feeling "pretty good" as her pain meds were clearly taking care of business.  She said there was some pain but that the pills were very effective.  She's staying at a hotel nearby and will be returning to San Jose when given the "okay."  I know we all wish her well on this journey; she's been so helpful to all of us with her vast knowledge and especially with her legal involvements!
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 5:14 am - San Jose, CA
It was great to meet you in person after all these years of "knowing" each other on the interwebs!

I had a bit of a problem today – I got nauseous and then was having trouble catching my breath, so I started to do some deep breathing and then I couldn’t catch my breath at all and my fingers and toes started to tingle and I had Charles call 911 – I was afraid I had thrown a clot.  But they came out and checked me out and it was simply that I had hyperventilated.  I talked with Agha and we agreed that I was probably overmedicated, so I’m backing off the narcotics a bit.  Scared the crap out of both Charles and me, but I’m much better now.  A little bit of medical knowledge is a dangerous thing!  I felt a little foolish afterwards, but I really did get scared.  This is not trivial surgery, especially at my age, even though I’m in pretty good shape.

We should be going home tomorrow.

Ms Shell
on 11/6/09 6:04 am - Hawthorne, CA
Congratulations Diana on another chapter in your journey!!  Yeah that medical knowledge gets you BUT it's always better safe then sorry, you DID have major surgery.  I heart Dr. Agha...maybe I'll get to meet you next time.  I love your pay it forward posts!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Leslie T.
on 11/6/09 7:25 am - Northern, KY
Diana,  So glad today was just a scare and nothing serious!!!   Keep us posted when you start feeling better.  I am very interested in how you do with the brachio...mine is Dec 8th.  

Here is to a speedy recovery!!!
RNY 5/2008 180 pounds lost from highest weight.   TT and arms done 12/2009
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Leah H.
on 11/6/09 6:10 am - TX
Glad it went well. Sorry for the scary moments.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Kennedy12
on 11/6/09 7:08 am - Chicago, IL
Glad it wasn't a clot and good thing you called for help to make sure. I hope you have a smooth flight home and that you continue to heal as well as you have been.

It's great to see you posting so soon!

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Most Active