Should I Even Consider Plastics?

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/09 7:40 am - Wyoming, MI
Hello,

I have never posted to this forum before, and I honestly never thought I would need to.  I could use some advice, here's a little info. 
I have lost over 135lbs so far, and am still very slowly losing.  I am VERY happy where I am now, but I don't like my (deflated) "spare tire" - it has caused me to stop losing pants sizes, and it doesn't seem like its shrinking (I'm sure it is, its probably just REALLY slow).  My arms are fine, and I'm fine with the way my thighs look.  I wouldn't have ever considered a Panni, but:
I have a hernia, that isn't really causing me much pain (well, I'm having some pain in that region, but I think its actually because of my ovary).  I have had a consult with my VSG surgeon (he found the hernia while I was having my GB out), and he told me that I could have the hernia repaired any time I like, since there is documentation of my pain, and of the hernia.  Here's the good part: 
He also told me that they could do the panni at the same time, and that way the anesthesia would be covered by the insurance, and I basically would just have to pay the PS for the simple procedure.  So this got my mind in a frenzy!   My surgeon said that I have probably about "10lbs of loose skin" that could be removed - is this even enough to consider a panni?   To be worth it? 
I am 22 years old - do you think my "tire" will disappear on its own over time?
I just don't even know if I should consider this extra surgery or not...thanks for any and all input!
sonnieN
on 11/7/09 7:53 am - grand rapids, MI
I would say that it's worth it and I would use Dr. Livingston who is in Dr. Foote's office. That's who I used for all my plastics and he is wonderful and so are the results I've gotten so far. If you are like me and have the roll (or dunlap) it may get smaller but I don't think you will completely lose the roll all the way w/o the surgery. Being 22 y/o I would do it if at all possible.

Sonya
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/09 9:53 am - Wyoming, MI
Thank you for the input about Dr. Livingston - if you don't mind me asking, what exactly have you had done?  Did you have any problems? And do you have any before/after pics that you would be willing to let me see?  Thanks again.
sonnieN
on 11/7/09 10:31 am - grand rapids, MI
I've had and LBL, brachio, BA/BL and a medial thigh lift. The BA/BL and MTL were just 2 weeks ago. I've not had any problems what so ever. Actually my scars are very minimal so I'm not sure it that's just how I heal or how good Dr. Livingston is. He is very nice, he even gave my mom his cell number in case there were any issues after my first surgery b/c he was going out of town.

Send me a friend request and you can see my before and after picutures. I still have to update the ones from the MTL since the ones out there are only 3 days post op. Still have some swelling but went shopping today and before my plastics I was in a size 12 and now I'm in a size 6. So very happy w/ everything, I think you will to. It also helps add to your self confidence.
Jody ***
on 11/8/09 8:54 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Sonya - I'm in Traverse City and looking for a Dr that takes my insurance, which I just checked, and Dr Livingston does.

Would you mind adding me as a friend so I can see your pics?

I'm looking at a full TT and a LBL with a medial thigh lift. 

Thanks - and any other info you can give me about Dr Livingston would be greatly appreciated!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Leah H.
on 11/7/09 8:05 am - TX
I would DEFINITELY do it.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

EGSuzie
on 11/7/09 8:23 am - Elk Grove, CA
Do it if you can! 

Unfortunately, that "spare tire" rarely goes away for any of us without a scalpel.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/09 9:57 am - Wyoming, MI
Damn!  I was hoping I could get away with it without another surgery.  
But I can't help but think of losing that extra 10lbs, finally being in Onederland, and losing pants sizes!
I have seen some new wrinkles in my "tire", as if its starting to pull back in, so I was hoping that I could do without.  Sound like I was wrong...
Lisa0719
on 11/7/09 9:09 am - PA
ok, i'm old.  i had a panni in high school, then 3 kids later, a bigger panni, then got older got heavier.  Finally WLS, now a deflated panni . . .   it doesn't go away once you have it.  get rid of it now if you can . . .   just saying . . . i'm 52 and might finally lose my panni after 35 or more years.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

wondering
on 11/7/09 9:11 am - Canada
Can you imagine what 10 pounds of chicken skin would look like.  Do it!  You;ll feel much better about yourself.

Most Active