Options for thighs - pic included

Leah H.
on 11/6/09 6:14 am, edited 11/6/09 6:19 am - TX
I really don't want a medical thigh lift because thats the one with the big scars right? I've just starting thinking about the elephant skin on the inside of my thighs. Any ideas? I will do research and I emailed Dr. Sauceda.

I dunno maybe it's not as bad as I think it is when my stomach is gone. They are such chicken legs. It amazes me I can pack that tummy into size 12's. LOL. Thank God for spanxs and other compression type undies to make it look decent.

Will I be able to define the inner thigh with exercise? The rest of my legs have REALLY toned up.

<

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

EGSuzie
on 11/6/09 6:41 am - Elk Grove, CA
My inner thighs look very similar to yours, and Dr. S is going to do a small (medial) thigh lift. Basically, the incisions are in the groin. I believe it would be an incision like Jessica's.

It will be so nice to wear a normal pair of shorts again and not have my inner thighs leaking out of the legs. blech.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

Renee2007
on 11/6/09 7:02 am - Central, FL
Your thighs don't look that bad. You would probably have good results with just the groin incision.

What happened for me was just the opposite of what you mentioned. Once I got the tummy tuck and my stomach was flat and tight my thighs looked worse. The flabby skin was much more apparent to me.

Hopefully Dr. S will advise you as to what will work the best for you.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

lizzybear
on 11/6/09 7:40 am, edited 11/6/09 7:40 am - Olympia, WA
LOL - I had the same thing happen as Renee.  At my 1-week check-up my doc said "everything looks good and the extended area of the abdominoplasty brought up the bubble on your outer thighs we were looking at, so now all you'll need is the small groin incision to take care of the skin hanging on your inner thighs."  I was like, what?  My inner thighs!?!?  So I hurriedly turned and looked in the mirror on the back of the door and thought, where the heck did that come from??  Never saw beyond the tummy before! 

But, yeah, he said just an inner groin incision would take care of that.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 8:12 am - Haleiwa, HI
Leah,

I had the medial thigh lift/small thigh lift.  I have an incision that starts at the top of my pubic area and goes around until it ends at the middle of my butt.  You cannot see it from behind, but you can see it a little in the front, depending on what I am wearing.  I do not have the vertical incision down to my knee.  I think you would get a great result from the medial thigh lift, and that is the least pain that I had for some reason.

Let us know what Dr S says!

Jessica
Soaplady
on 11/6/09 8:48 am - Guilford, NY
I agree...the small groin incision lift will give you a good result. But comparing your thighs to mine, sadly it looks like I will need the whole banana. Darn. I was just thinking the other day that maybe...just maybe I can get by with the groin lift. I have way more sloshy flab on my thighs than you do.  Darnit!
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 10:16 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm not a surgeon but my guess would be you'd be fine with the medial thigh lift (groin cut only).
BTW, I wish I had long thin legs like you.  I carried most of my weight in my legs and butt so I really need the full thigh lift.

Best wishes on your decision and your surgery....
Leah H.
on 11/6/09 2:40 pm - TX
I'm actually only 5;4. Even in a mini skirt they look long but really I am just short waisted. Thanks for the input. :)

shscharger
on 11/7/09 3:10 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with

Leah
Coming from one of his patients that had to have the thighs cut down just below my knees --- let me tell you that yours come NOWHERE near as bad as mine !!  I do not think he will have any problems correcting yours with the LBL and the small thigh lift !! 

Good Luck
Tony

PS   WHat did you find out about your "checked bags" with American ??

Leah H.
on 11/7/09 11:54 am - TX
I haven't checked yet on the checked bags. I will do that Monday. I keep forgetting. How are you doing?

Most Active