Compression Garment

Cindy F.
on 11/6/09 3:28 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
My compression garment is so tight it is opening up my incision and it is painful. 

Have any of you had this? 

I don't think I can even get it on today.  I am walking bent over again from the pain.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 3:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Oh no....that does not sound good!
Call your surgeons office and ask them if they can give you a larger size.

Cindy F.
on 11/6/09 7:56 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
The office said to go with the garment till monday and they will give me a larger size.  Guess with all my swelling still not a medium!!!!!!!!!

Are you excited?

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
AbidinginHIM
on 11/6/09 10:27 am - Ontario, CA
Compression garments run very small for size.  The first ones I had, I felt horrible that I needed an XL.  The one I'm wearing for my arm lift is a medium - it has taken me lots of plastics and skin removal to get to where I can wear a medium compression garment! Don't sweat the size factor - trust me, they run small and fit like a 2nd skin.  Once you get one that is sized correctly, it is more comfortable to wear it than not because of the extra support it gives to your body and reduces swelling.  You can also look at www.makemeheal.com for other compression garments for your type of procedure.  Maybe something else will just work better for you.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Cindy F.
on 11/6/09 1:55 pm - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Thanks so much because I went with out any garment from 8:30 last night till about 6 pm.  I have elastic wrap around me noew but I look like a ballon so i imagine when it hurts so much.  When your super swollen do you use ice?

Hugs
AbidinginHIM
on 11/6/09 2:53 pm - Ontario, CA
That type of swelling really won't respond to ice.  Your best help is compression to try and push the fluid back into the vessels and tissues and then to drink plenty of fluids to pee out the excess.  You might also have a seroma forming from removing the last drain.  If in doubt, call your clinc back and let them know that you are so swollen that the garment will not go on, and that you need help.  This is the time to be persistant with them.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 10:07 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Don't forget compression garments run ridiculously small.  Back in March when I was wearing size 10 jeans I had an XXL garment after my lipo!  Now I'm wearing size 4/6 clothes and think I'll need a medium garment (according to their charts...we'll see)

Yes, I'm so excited about my up coming butt/thigh lift but a little anxious too.  Nervous won't happen for about 2 weeks yet.  I should be bugging out right about Thanksgiving day...LOL!!!

Try not zipping the top of the garment, just do the hooks and see if that makes it better for the weekend.....just an idea.

Keep us posted...
TTFN
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 3:56 am - Haleiwa, HI
I am so sorry you are in so much pain, and it doesn't sound like the right size to me.  Mine has actually gotten a little bigger as time has gone by.  I know you had a lot more lipo than I did though.  Where is most of your swelling located?  I think my back has the most and still looks weird to me.

Jessica
Cindy F.
on 11/6/09 7:55 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
My back and tummy are very swollen today.  And with the sleeve we have to drink alot and with the garment on I could not breath when I would drink or eat anything.  Lost another 2 pounds.  I am drinking all day today.  Because think I was dehydrated.

17 pounds of lipo and skin is nothing to sneeze at.

Going to get a bigger size garment.

Can even look at the one I was wearing......without wanting to throw up LOL

I hope this incision closes up fast.

Hugs
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 8:06 am - Haleiwa, HI
I completely overdid it this morning by cleaning house.  I had to stop because I was so exhausted.  I had 9 lbs of skin and lipo total, so you had almost double taken off.  I always have a bottle of water with me, and I still love my sleeve.  It is easy for me to get dehydrated here in Hawaii because it is still 85 here everyday!  I want cooler weather!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jessica
Most Active